Insurrection fallout

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Thanks.  After watching that I think the best chance of chargers so far is clearly in Georgia for criminal solicitation of election fraud.   

Other than I'm not sure what sticks which would explain why the DOJ hasn't filed charges.   

I see a guy who is guilty AF in all these cases but if the guy could do anything right, he's proven adept at tapdancing on the ledge of a legal cliff like a mob boss.  

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was busy tonight. Anything interesting happen tonight?

Yep. It was very evident that trump wanted the riot to continue.  Pence SS detail feared for their lives and some even called loved ones to say goodbye. There will be more hearings in September as Cheney said the dam has broken open. Cheney chaired it tonight as Thompson has Covid and he spoke remotely   Trump had a plan and he needs jail time. Once again Cheney nailed the closing remarks and so did Kenzinger

• Plus1 2
58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was busy tonight. Anything interesting happen tonight?

Well, Don has a lot of trouble with the word "yesterday" and he sucks at reading from a teleprompter.

I didn't catch it all (missed the first half), but I think the biggest thing to me was the silence from Cipollone when asked if Trump himself wanted the riot to stop in the capitol. Before that he said all the staff did, but he couldn't bring himself to say that Trump did. Also, General Miley seems like a good soldier. He praised Pence and said he basically called the shots that day on getting the national guard to the capitol. Said some on the cabinet were saying they need to change the narrative that Pence was in charge to protect Trump's image. The General said he doesn't play those political games.

Lots of text directly to/from Sean Hannity, which was shocking! Basically on what the President should tweet and say to disperse the riot.

7 hours ago, ZRod said:

Well, Don has a lot of trouble with the word "yesterday" and he sucks at reading from a teleprompter.

I didn't catch it all (missed the first half), but I think the biggest thing to me was the silence from Cipollone when asked if Trump himself wanted the riot to stop in the capitol. Before that he said all the staff did, but he couldn't bring himself to say that Trump did. Also, General Miley seems like a good soldier. He praised Pence and said he basically called the shots that day on getting the national guard to the capitol. Said some on the cabinet were saying they need to change the narrative that Pence was in charge to protect Trump's image. The General said he doesn't play those political games.

Lots of text directly to/from Sean Hannity, which was shocking! Basically on what the President should tweet and say to disperse the riot.

Who was Hannity texting to?

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Mark Meadows.   Laura Ingels doing the same as well as congressmen and senators.  Meadows saying 'he'll try' to get trump to put out a message to rioters. 

I'm actually shocked Meadows hasn't testified.  He is being shown to be a horrible schmuck in all of this.  If he has an ounce of back bone, he testifies and explains Trump was out of his control.  Unless.....he agreed with Trump.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm actually shocked Meadows hasn't testified.  He is being shown to be a horrible schmuck in all of this.  If he has an ounce of back bone, he testifies and explains Trump was out of his control.  Unless.....he agreed with Trump.

I just posted an Axios link on the 2024 Presidential race thread - Meadows is one of the few core members that trump trusts.  Meadows is all in - fully a trump cult member. 

His actions on J6 were weak.  Everyone and their dog were calling/texting him to encourage trump to act.  Well, as the J6C said, Trump was acting - this was his plan to encourage the rioters, to not intervein, to STOP the CERTIFICATION.  Trump & Rudy were calling Senators during and after the riot to get them to delay the vote. Meadows:   He is just trump's lap dog to do his bidding. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I just posted an Axios link on the 2024 Presidential race thread - Meadows is one of the few core members that trump trusts.  Meadows is all in - fully a trump cult member. 

His actions on J6 were weak.  Everyone and their dog were calling/texting him to encourage trump to act.  Well, as the J6C said, Trump was acting - this was his plan to encourage the rioters, to not intervein, to STOP the CERTIFICATION.  Trump & Rudy were calling Senators during and after the riot to get them to delay the vote. Meadows:   He is just trump's lap dog to do his bidding. 

That's becoming obvious the longer this goes on without him testifying.  Every dictator has a schmuck under him that goes right along with him.  It's becoming clear that Meadows is that guy on J6.  

Last night, when I got home, I was watching CNN.  Stephanie Grisham was on.  I was shocked and encouraged when she said that she was talking about how horrible Trump is and how she and others were fooled by him.  That's a pretty big admission by a Press Secretary of a President.  They were talking about the chance of people's opinions being changed by the hearings.  Unfortunately, all agreed that his base (the 33% of Americans that worship him) won't be changed because they won't listen to the hearings and, instead, they are consuming media that is claiming it's all a partisan witch hunt.  

The really sad thing is that they also talked about how Republican politicians say one thing in private, behind closed doors, and a totally different thing in public, because they don't want the wrath of Trump to come down on them.  Spineless idiots.