Insurrection fallout

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

@TGHusker You don’t need to worry about me replying to archy anymore. I’ve engaged a feature of the Board that will hide his posts and help remove the temptation for me to waste any further effort. Unfortunately it doesn’t work when others reply so I will be including anyone who replies to him also even if that means missing some worthwhile posts from people I respect or agree with. But I’m done. Life is too short to deal with that brand of ridiculousness.

Done.  The ignore button is on.  Like you said, life is too short to deal with the craziness of someone not willing to learn, grow.   I got better things to do with the time I have on HB than to be riled up by willful ignorance & stubbornness.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

They have never experienced this type of attack before.  I think they have learned now, when right wing people rally in Washington, put maximum security around the capital.

I think we are getting someone now in the discussion of what learnings there are from preventing the escalation of a riot once it begins to foment.  

They had the intelligence according to the Jan6th commission. Let’s figure out ways to better act on it and prevent a future Capitol entrance by those loons like that or worse. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You do realize, Captain Nuance, that you initiated this discussion by offering up Nancy Pelosi.

Sure do, First Mate.  

Then someone on here graciously pointed out that Jan 6th commission lead investigator said after Trump started his riot and didn’t stop his riot by tweeting or making a single phone call to someone that law enforcement dropped the ball.   That same someone also let us know that Pelosi is intimately responsible for Capitol security but in reality it’s the Sargent at Arms who’s said he failed because he had no intelligence to show a riot would happen.  Which contradicts the information that the same someone posted showing there was ample intelligence.  so maybe the Sargent at Arms and Capitol Police Director should be the ones getting the finger pointed at for this and not Nanc

• Plus1 1

There might be a good discussion on this subject somewhere in here.

The FBI and other intelligence agencies had monitored the rightwing chatter and had warned that Jan 6 activity was coordinated and potentially violent. 

Washington D.C. is no stranger to demonstrations and partisan activations. The Proud Boys and other extremists had been pulling public stunts for months. The President of the United States had told them to stand ready during the Presidential Debate, presumably awaiting his command. 

What exactly would happen on January 6? A full scale insurrection to invade the Capitol and stop the certification of Joe Biden? Or a louder than average circus of Trump supporters waving signs and saying stupid things to TV reporters? If you had to bet, which way would you go?  And if you went with the most dangerous and unprecedented option, would a National Guard and all-out show of D.C. cops quell or inflame the mob? Had the National Guard stopped the protestors in their tracks, we would never have heard the end of the paranoid over-reaction by the anti-Trump D.C. forces. 

Now consider that debate spread between all the law enforcement, political, and intelligence entities involved. Classic clusterf#&%.

It's kinda like 9/11.  If you put together all the information between the FBI, the CIA, and the FAA, there were some very clear warnings about the potential attack. But these agencies often think they're in competition with each other. They don't like sharing information or credit. They don't communicate well. And when the Republican President is getting a briefing from a previous Democratic administration, they reject it out of hand. 

In most cases I'll go with childish pride and risk avoidance over nefarious conspiracy. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Done.  The ignore button is on.  Like you said, life is too short to deal with the craziness of someone not willing to learn, grow.   I got better things to do with the time I have on HB than to be riled up by willful ignorance & stubbornness.  

Me too. I love a lively debate with a good adversary, but this isn't that. 

First Ignore of my life. 

• Plus1 2

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Here it is.  We finally have actual video evidence that it was Antifa behind the storming of the Capitol. 

Screen shot because I'm sure the FBI will make the poster take this down 

Screenshot_20230311-043125.png

Let’s pretend it was Antifa.

So, Trump the genius gets tricked again. He riled them up and wanted to join them. He was too stupid to realize they were Antifa. That’s the argument these little pea-sized brains are making. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1