Insurrection fallout

31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I have never heard of this person.

This is what drives me nuts about American “media” or just social media in general.

The committee says the identity is to be kept private for “real” security concerns for a hearing TOMORROW!  And people are racing to be the first to expose them for no other reason than being the first person to correctly guess.

Hunans deserve the nonsense we put ourselves through!

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is what drives me nuts about American “media” or just social media in general.

The committee says the identity is to be kept private for “real” security concerns for a hearing TOMORROW!  And people are racing to be the first to expose them for no other reason than being the first person to correctly guess.

I agree. Im sure she is very secure, but it would have been way more dramatic if we find out when she walks in. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree. Im sure she is very secure, but it would have been way more dramatic if we find out when she walks in. 

Well, there was an audible “thud” through HB when the tweet was shared,  I’m guessing the drama would be in all the “say what now? Who dafuq this chick?”

But leave it to American media to feel the need to add drama to a POTUS admin possibly trying to illegally stop the transition of power.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Not only that, but this practice tends to dramatically overhype narratives that don't deserve it.

Nothing has been established that this person is going to be some bombshell smoking gun witness. Yet that's how we all feel just based off all these tweets and speculations in the name of 'news', isn't it? 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Threatened by Meadows?  Why?

Now, threatened by Trump himself or audio of Trump in meetings with people like the Oathkeepers.....would be awesome.

Just spitballing, Meadows was who she reported to. I guess I am skeptical that it's some big reveal directly involving Trump - but certainly hope we get it. 

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just spitballing, Meadows was who she reported to. I guess I am skeptical that it's some big reveal directly involving Trump - but certainly hope we get it. 

Somewhere I read where she may have witnessed Meadows burning documents that he should have kept and turned over.

10 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Not only that, but this practice tends to dramatically overhype narratives that don't deserve it.

Nothing has been established that this person is going to be some bombshell smoking gun witness. Yet that's how we all feel just based off all these tweets and speculations in the name of 'news', isn't it? 

On the other hand, how could you announce a surprise witness that no one has heard of at this crucial stage in the process and NOT expect a rash of speculation? 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

On the other hand, how could you announce a surprise witness that no one has heard of at this crucial stage in the process and NOT expect a rash of speculation? 

It's the same thing they always do and it drives me nuts.  Like before the State of the Union Speech, they release a copy of the speech to the media so the talking heads can all talk about it before the speech.  Stupid.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's the same thing they always do and it drives me nuts.  Like before the State of the Union Speech, they release a copy of the speech to the media so the talking heads can all talk about it before the speech.  Stupid.

Just like sports teams and agents announce roster moves and team decisions as unnamed sources a day or two before it becomes official, because there's a little spin control to be done in the court of public opinion and press coverage.