Insurrection fallout

35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

is that why Ray Epps was trying so hard to get people to enter the Capitol? 

So if they knew it was a grand conspiracy to enter the Capitol and the FBI knew about it, why was the Capitol police woefully understaffed for that type of conspiracy or the DC police etc….ready for that type of crime? 

You know the answer to this. It's been presented to you several times. Quit trying to Tucker Carlson this by asking questions you already know the answer to in an attempt to cast doubt. 

Your attempted ignorance doesn't work when everyone in this forum knows you've been presented all the evidence that answers your question.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
  • TBH 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I hope the DOJ takes the recommendations of the J6C and makes quick work of throwing Trump into the court room and eventually in jail.  If lessor guys are getting strong jail terms, Trump needs to have the book thrown at him since he led the whole thing.  

If that happens, it's going to get really interesting to see what his worshipers do.  That should have absolutely no influence over what ultimately happens to Trump.  But, it's something that the FBI and other law enforcement is going to have to pay attention to.

I saw some pretty upset comments from some of the J6 insurrectionists that are going to jail pretty upset about him then selling NFTs to make millions.  So, maybe they would just welcome him in jail with them.

Remember around 2009, when Obama had become President and it was hard to find Republican's willing to defend George W. Bush?  They were of course the same people who voted for him twice, and defended Bush and the Iraq war mightily,  but now distanced themselves from both as they moved forward to fight whatever Barack Obama was proposing under the banner of whatever GOP leaders were loudest and angriest about.  

It's kinda like that right now. 

If it finally tips and a majority of Republicans jump off the flaming Trump bandwagon, it doesn't change much. 

Still hard to find many Bush-lovers in the GOP, although the Dems have made him more cuddly since Trump took office. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If that happens, it's going to get really interesting to see what his worshipers do.  That should have absolutely no influence over what ultimately happens to Trump.  But, it's something that the FBI and other law enforcement is going to have to pay attention to.

I saw some pretty upset comments from some of the J6 insurrectionists that are going to jail pretty upset about him then selling NFTs to make millions.  So, maybe they would just welcome him in jail with them.

So how long does Trump last in even a minimal security prison?   The old guy will go crazy in there.  

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One of the few Republicans with balls enough to do what's right.  But....hey....she needs to be voted out.

The GOP will rue the day when they decided to stand on the wrong side of history by supporting Trump and not supporting the law, justice and ethics.  The red wave which did not occur is in part due to this issue.  It will probably take 2 more election cycles until this crap and the crap leaders are :flush out of the system.  2024 will be a mess still. But if Desantis is the nominee and loses to a Dem candidate, then perhaps it won't take a full 8 years.  If Desantis wins in 2024 then it will live on longer.   I do not support the liberal Dem policies but for the good of the nation, I am willing to suffer 'temporary loss' to get this stuff flushed.  Who knows, if the GOP continues to elect cultist and nutjobs, then I may end up being a permanent Dem or Indep voter.  What Trump has created within our political system is far worse than what the Dems can throw at us legislatively.  Those things can be overcome once the GOP returns to sanity and balances it out.  The country cannot survive a continued insurrection mindset.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1