Insurrection fallout

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I want to see a lot more evidence before agreeing with this take, but it's worth keeping in mind:

remember a couple weeks ago when trump purged the (i believe it was DOD) positions?    he was setting up for this.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I want to see a lot more evidence before agreeing with this take, but it's worth keeping in mind:

Read this yesterday, I think the French guy was very convincing 

"You cannot tell me I don't know what they should have done. I can fly to Washington tomorrow and do that job, just as any police official in Washington can fly to Paris and do mine," the official said. The official directs public security in a central Paris police district filled with government buildings and tourist sites.

"These are not subtle principles" for managing demonstrations, "and they transfer to every situation," the official said. "This is why we train alongside the US federal law enforcement to handle these very matters, and it's obvious that large parts of any successful plan were just ignored."

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Empty words. Should have voted him out when you had the chance Lisa! 

Apparently Alaska made some pretty sweeping changes in their election process. Going forward the primary will be a single open primary with the top 4 vote getters getting on the final ballot regardless of party. The general election will be ranked choice.

Some think she had to stay further right than she wanted to survive primaries from a far right competitor. With this change there is some hope it will give her the freedom to be more independent as she will get on the general ballot for sure now.

Super interesting change for the state, I am interested to see how it works for them.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

We won't have to worry about the next Dept of Justice running out of things to do anytime soon.  I agree with the notion that this is deeper than just Trump and his band of hillbilly sh!theads.  Some serious heads are going to roll.