Trump Impeachment # 2

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Ugh doesn't even describe LG.  I'll spare you the adjectives I'd like to use.

Yeah... that's BS from LG. I don't think this has anything to do with Trump but is more about trying to preserve the Republican party's integrity among its constituents.

Trump played the single biggest role in fostering last Wednesday's events. He's been planting the seeds for months/years. He speculated before the election that an outcome in Biden's favor would be illegitimate, and his nonsensical claims just fueled the passions of inept radicals.

Trump's a traitor to the U.S. and U.S. democracy.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

Good article. Hopefully McConnell is ready to rid the party of the smell of Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/mitch-mcconnell-trump-impeachment.html

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.

At the same time, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the minority leader and one of Mr. Trump’s most steadfast allies in Congress, has asked other Republicans whether he should call on Mr. Trump to resign in the aftermath of the riot at the Capitol last week, according to three Republican officials briefed on the conversations.

While Mr. McCarthy has said he is personally opposed to impeachment, he and other party leaders have decided not to formally lobby Republicans to vote “no,” and an aide to Mr. McCarthy said he was open to a measure censuring Mr. Trump for his conduct. In private, Mr. McCarthy reached out to a leading House Democrat to see if the chamber would be willing to pursue a censure vote, though Speaker Nancy Pelosi has ruled it out.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

is there a point there?   the main reason he is getting impeached is because he led an angry mob to attack our government.    anything else you try to cloud that with doesn't amount to jack s#!t.   trump is the treason weasel and he is getting the least bit of what he should receive.  he is damn lucky he isn't being given a blindfold and a cigarette IMO

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Forgot to mention Eric ‘Honeypot’ Swallwell of all people is on the Impeachment Managers list as well?!?!?:dunno

Doubling down on the deflection and whataboutism are we Archibald?  Is that the best that came out of the meetings?

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

so?

Well, they have 220 people to choose from.   If it were me in charge, I wouldn’t pick someone who previously voted to invalidate an election (since that is then underlying issue that other politicians are upset about and they say cause the uproar which Trump is being impeached for inciting) and another who had an affair with and employed a Chinese Spy.  

There has to be 2 other people available without that stink on them. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1