Trump Impeachment # 2

This may be more related to the 1st impeachment, but I thought I'd dump it here.

New book out - connecting Trump to Russia/USSR.   Consider the source and that this may all

be book selling hubris but none of it would surprise me.  It could also explain Epstein's untimely

death.

If all of this is true then one could understand the following  ( let me go out on the conspiracy limb for a moment & throw out some wild ideas that come to mind :o:

1. With the Russian 'investment' in Trump,  I would suspect they had the most to lose when Trump lost the election.

2. Therefore this is why we had so much turmoil afterwards- Russian inspired

3. Why Trump was fearful of losing the election and being removed from the WH.

4. Why Epstein's death looks like a mob hit.

5. Why Rudy et al went to great lengths to show fraud -  he's on the inside like Trump

6. Why the massive disinformation on the internet about the election.

7. Could Russia be behind  Q  and Q's promotion of Trump as some kind of savior?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9184687/How-Russia-began-grooming-Donald-Trump-40-years-ago-saving-financial-ruin-book-claims.html

EXCLUSIVE: Explosive new book claims the KGB began grooming 'young and vain' Donald Trump 40 years ago by saving him from financial ruin and turned him into a Russian asset who gave Putin 'everything he wanted' as president

• American Kompromat How the KGB Cultivated Donald Trump, and Related Tales of Sex, Greed, Power, and Treachery by Craig Unger is out January 26
  • The author claims Trump's association with Russia began in 1976 when he decided to make his move from developing real estate in Queens to Manhattan 
  • Trump was rescued multiple times from multiple bankruptcies by boatloads of Russian cash laundered through his real estate in the 1980s and 1990s 
  • When Trump became President, it was time to pay the piper and Trump gave Putin everything he wanted, Unger writes 
  • The author claims Trump was connected to Russians  through friend Jeffrey Epstein, who was supplying the Russians and Silicon Valley with underage girls 
  • Trump also appealed to the KGB because he was 'vain, narcissistic, highly susceptible to flattery and greedy,' the author writes 
  • The author interviewed high-level sources, Soviets who defected, former CIA officers, FBI counter-intelligent agents, lawyers and more for the book
  •  
  • Haha 1

For a while now, I have wondered if any of the warnings of what was being discussed online/between groups about the attempted coup was brought up in intelligence briefings to the president while he was in office. For the past 2 1/2 months, I've seen posts on social media from people I know talking about "They just don't know what's coming" "The day of reckoning is upon us".  This wasn't a novel idea for those that showed up on 1/6 and the president didn't help stomp out these theories and discussions. He for months whittled away peoples trust in our election process and thus our democracy. In fact, surrogates of his met the night before with people who came to Washington to participate in this insurrection. The day of, the president told them to go to the Capitol. 

This brings me to my main point of those that argue Trump couldn't be guilty of inciting a riot because the riot was already being planned. If he knew and instigated it further, he bears culpability and should be convicted. Thus preventing him from ever holding public office again. 

(The old adage of: What did he know? When did he know it? What did he do with that knowledge?)

• Plus1 2

The Senate trial needs to be public and they need to allow evidence to be presented - unlike that Republican sham of a last trial where they let trump off the hook like a bunch of collaborating stooges. 

A failure to expose exactly what happened on 1/6/21 will just lead to more violence. 

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, knapplc said:

Rand Paul - yet another canker on the a$$ of congress.

b-boi isn't the authority you think he is?

7 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

For a while now, I have wondered if any of the warnings of what was being discussed online/between groups about the attempted coup was brought up in intelligence briefings to the president while he was in office. For the past 2 1/2 months, I've seen posts on social media from people I know talking about "They just don't know what's coming" "The day of reckoning is upon us".  This wasn't a novel idea for those that showed up on 1/6 and the president didn't help stomp out these theories and discussions. He for months whittled away peoples trust in our election process and thus our democracy. In fact, surrogates of his met the night before with people who came to Washington to participate in this insurrection. The day of, the president told them to go to the Capitol. 

This brings me to my main point of those that argue Trump couldn't be guilty of inciting a riot because the riot was already being planned. If he knew and instigated it further, he bears culpability and should be convicted. Thus preventing him from ever holding public office again. 

(The old adage of: What did he know? When did he know it? What did he do with that knowledge?)

Do you think Trump knew the Capitol police would phone it in?  Or are you thinking of a vast right wing conspiracy where Trump left them undermanned?

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Do you think Trump knew the Capitol police would phone it in?  Or are you thinking of a vast right wing conspiracy where Trump left them undermanned?

I'm not talking any conspiracy theory that he kneecapped Capitol Police. It seems they weren't prepared for what was coming their way. The rally for Trump was about a mile away. If they believed that is where it would stay, and that is how they staffed/armored up, it was an underestimation as to what that crowd was capable of. I am just wondering here what Trump knew, when did he know it, and what did he do with that information. From all accounts, Trump had been trying anything he could to stay in power; pressuring election officials, filing lawsuits without evidence or merit, and sometimes without standing, spreading lies and falsehoods about how the election was ran and how he was going to overturn it. 

Trump has been lying to people since before the election. He set the narrative in case he lost. After the election he continued to breath life into this story about how this election was stolen not only from him, but from the American people. If it had truly been stolen, I believe the American people have a right for a call to action. The problem is people who supported and voted for Trump held election positions of authority were duty bound to tell the truth and report the actual facts. Secretaries of State, election commissioners, and Trump appointed judges at all levels spoke this truth. His last ditch effort was to stop the ceremonial counting of the votes from the Electoral College. He said in advance to come to DC, "It's going to be wild". That rally was a culmination. For as much as we talk about gun safety and education because guns aren't really the problem, we should have a discussion about power. Power and influence need to be held and wielded with respect. And those who are incapable of that proper respect should be barred from ever holding it. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

. From all accounts, Trump had been trying anything he could to stay in power; pressuring election officials, filing lawsuits without evidence or merit, and sometimes without standing, spreading lies and falsehoods about how the election was ran and how he was going to overturn it. 

Trump did not try even 1% of possible ways to stay in power.   He left the Presidency on the pre-ordained date in a noisy fashion to set himself up for 2024.  Trump was within his rights to use his Freedom of Speech even if you hate said speech. 

There are real dictators who get elected and then change the system so they do not have to stand for re-election.  They do not accomplish this with a rag tag band of supporters in Halloween costumes wielding flag polls.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump did not try even 1% of possible ways to stay in power.   He left the Presidency on the pre-ordained date in a noisy fashion to set himself up for 2024.  Trump was within his rights to use his Freedom of Speech even if you hate said speech. 

There are real dictators who get elected and then change the system so they do not have to stand for re-election.  They do not accomplish this with a rag tag band of supporters in Halloween costumes wielding flag polls.

Like when trump tried to pressure the acting Attorney General to change the election, and when he wouldn't, tried to remove him from office?

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

you have lost touch with reality.   

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, commando said:

you have lost touch with reality.   

Another customer member living in the world of disillusion

noun:

disappointment resulting from the discovery that something is not as good as one believed it to be

verb:

cause (someone) to realize that a belief or an ideal is false.
"if they think we have a magic formula to solve the problem, don't disillusion them"