Trump Impeachment # 2

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump did not try even 1% of possible ways to stay in power.   He left the Presidency on the pre-ordained date in a noisy fashion to set himself up for 2024.  Trump was within his rights to use his Freedom of Speech even if you hate said speech. 

There are real dictators who get elected and then change the system so they do not have to stand for re-election.  They do not accomplish this with a rag tag band of supporters in Halloween costumes wielding flag polls.

So are you absolving Trump of any and all culpability in the statements made and attempted actions after November 3rd in his attempts to find ways to stay in power? Absolving him of his false claims of wide spread of election fraud on the American people? I don't want a rebuttal that includes any what-aboutisms or false equivalencies.  

And as for the bolded: I love the fact that in our great country we have the freedom to speak freely, even if that speech is offensive. Even if that speech is classified as "Hate Speech", the government can't stop you from speaking it. But all speech is not free of consequence. You say Trump did all this to set himself up for a 2024 run. I think one of the consequences will be loosing all but those on the far right of the spectrum. I think even @Archy1221 has stated as much. 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Like when trump tried to pressure the acting Attorney General to change the election, and when he wouldn't, tried to remove him from office?

Planned to

Entertained  the idea

wanted to 

emboldened

You have a lot ways to say that Trump didn't do anything.  It's like that quid pro quo where Trump gave and received nada.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

So are you absolving Trump of any and all culpability in the statements made and attempted actions after November 3rd in his attempts to find ways to stay in power? Absolving him of his false claims of wide spread of election fraud on the American people? I don't want a rebuttal that includes any what-aboutisms or false equivalencies.  

And as for the bolded: I love the fact that in our great country we have the freedom to speak freely, even if that speech is offensive. Even if that speech is classified as "Hate Speech", the government can't stop you from speaking it. But all speech is not free of consequence. You say Trump did all this to set himself up for a 2024 run. I think one of the consequences will be loosing all but those on the far right of the spectrum. I think even @Archy1221 has stated as much. 

The posters here, and political hacks in general, use the political and legal charges as though they're the same thing.  IF you had left it at Trump was completely irresponsible and made ridiculous claims.  We would all have been better off if DJT would temper his remarks.  Then I'd probably agree with you and there would be a bipartisan reproof. 

But that's not good enough for a liberal. When, or maybe because, something happens that moderates would agree with them, the mind of the liberal immediately exaggerates to extremes that no thinking person could agree with.  Thus opposition research is called Russian Collusion or fiery rhetoric becomes Bribery, Treason, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors. When we lose we get mad.  When liberals lose you go mad. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Planned to

Entertained  the idea

wanted to 

emboldened

You have a lot ways to say that Trump didn't do anything.  It's like that quid pro quo where Trump gave and received nada.

I thought attempted murder was a crime.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I thought attempted murder was a crime.

attempted?   it seems to me at least 1 police officer was murdered by the crowd trump and the trumpettes  called to washington that day and incited them to march to the capital and fight like hell or they wouldn't have a country anymore.

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Planned to

Entertained  the idea

wanted to 

emboldened

And Bin Laden  didn't fly any of the planes on 9/11. We are all smart enough to know who directed it all to happen.

32 minutes ago, commando said:

attempted?   it seems to me at least 1 police officer was murdered by the crowd trump and the trumpettes  called to washington that day and incited them to march to the capital and fight like hell or they wouldn't have a country anymore.

Yeah, I was responding to @Notre Dame Joe ridiculous assertion that attempting but failing at a crime doesn't make it a crime.  Like a guy trying to hire a hit on his wife but being caught in a sting is charged with attempted murder or conspiracy to commit murder even though he failed. 

18 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump did not try even 1% of possible ways to stay in power.   He left the Presidency on the pre-ordained date in a noisy fashion to set himself up for 2024.  Trump was within his rights to use his Freedom of Speech even if you hate said speech. 

There are real dictators who get elected and then change the system so they do not have to stand for re-election.  They do not accomplish this with a rag tag band of supporters in Halloween costumes wielding flag polls.

Wow....you really know how to play down a President inciting a terrorist attack on our government that killed Americans.

I guess blue lives don't matter.....right?

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The posters here, and political hacks in general, use the political and legal charges as though they're the same thing.  IF you had left it at Trump was completely irresponsible and made ridiculous claims.  We would all have been better off if DJT would temper his remarks.  Then I'd probably agree with you and there would be a bipartisan reproof. 

But that's not good enough for a liberal. When, or maybe because, something happens that moderates would agree with them, the mind of the liberal immediately exaggerates to extremes that no thinking person could agree with.  Thus opposition research is called Russian Collusion or fiery rhetoric becomes Bribery, Treason, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors. When we lose we get mad.  When liberals lose you go mad. 

Just a heads up, I'm not a liberal. Fiscal conservative and social moderate would be where I land. 

And I think Trump did more than just act irresponsibly and make ridiculous claims. He attempted to put words into action with his calls to election officials. "Just find the votes. You can say there was a miscalculation". He invited his followers to Washington D.C. to hear him talk about his 2024 run? Nope, he and his surrogates just pointed that crowd in the direction of the Capitol Building. He told them he was coming with them. 

4 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

He told them he was coming with them.

And being the coward that he is as Private Bone Spurs - he didn't go to the capital but watched it all transpire wt glee from the comfort of the WH.  And people thought Obama was "Leading from the Rear"!!   He had to be persuaded to call off his goons and still said 'he loved them' - just like he love Dictator Kim of NK.

• Plus1 2