Trump Impeachment # 2

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

There was ample evidence of impeachable behavior by the bloated cheeto. His own words were enough. 

:movegoalpost: it's hard to keep up with the goal posts when the narrative changes daily.

We had to impeach him because Presidents could go on a 'crime spree' the last two weeks in office but cannot arrest him due to the lack of evidence yet we impeached him.   Now we have all this evidence of his criminal behavior that we won't use because Impeachment is not a criminal prosecution.

It's to time to admit to yourself that Impeachment is an vent for your political frustrations that has nothing to do with the real Constitution.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

:movegoalpost: it's hard to keep up with the goal posts when the narrative changes daily.

We had to impeach him because Presidents could go on a 'crime spree' the last two weeks in office but cannot arrest him due to the lack of evidence yet we impeached him.   Now we have all this evidence of his criminal behavior that we won't use because Impeachment is not a criminal prosecution.

It's to time to admit to yourself that Impeachment is an vent for your political frustrations that has nothing to do with the real Constitution.

You're not that misinformed. You're just gaslighting.  It's what you do.  You know full well that an impeachment trial is not the same as a criminal trial.  The requirements for conviction are not even close to the same.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Or you could admit to yourself that this post demonstrates that you apparently know very little on the subject matter.  I usually refrain from responding to outlandish posts, but sometimes I just got to....not that it does any good or changes anyone's mind.  Just makes me feel a little better.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Scarlet said:

You're not that misinformed. You're just gaslighting.  It's what you do.  You know full well that an impeachment trial is not the same as a criminal trial.  The requirements for conviction are not even close to the same.  

Personal jabs do not change the Constitution, which does not empower Congress to 'impeach' and ex-official.  Even if instead of "peaceful and patriotically" Trump had said 'make AOC shriek again;'  Congress has no power to impeach a private citizen. 

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate, because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said on Fox News' “Sunday Morning Futures.”

He went on to argue that the Constitution doesn’t allow the impeachment of a former president.

And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Personal jabs do not change the Constitution, which does not empower Congress to 'impeach' and ex-official.  Even if instead of "peaceful and patriotically" Trump had said 'make AOC shriek again;'  Congress has no power to impeach a private citizen. 

It is not unconstitutional, and there is a precedent. These kinds of blatant lies have no place on this board.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I don't think that is what gaslighting means?  Or maybe I am not as hip as I thought I was.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

He was impeached before he left office.  You're meaning holding an impeachment trial.

https://www.justsecurity.org/74226/history-shows-the-senate-can-hold-an-impeachment-trial-after-trump-leaves-office/

• Plus1 1

I love how when Trump was in office, Republicans cheered on Trump when he was extremely divisive and instigated hatred towards Democrats.  BUT...now that he's out of office and has been impeached again, their attitude is, Biden is bad because he could be calling off the trial to help bring together the country.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I love how when Trump was in office, Republicans cheered on Trump when he was extremely divisive and instigated hatred towards Democrats.  BUT...now that he's out of office and has been impeached again, their attitude is, Biden is bad because he could be calling off the trial to help bring together the country.

It is ok to have a different attitude when the "attack" is about justice and preventing someone who attempted a coup from gaining power again.

U.S. calls Myanmar military's takeover a coup

"We have expressed grave concern regarding the Burmese military's detention of civilian government leaders," a State Department official said on the call. "After a careful review of the facts and circumstances, we have accessed that Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of Burma's ruling party, and Win Mynt, the duly elected head of government, were deposed in a military coup on February 1st."

• Thanks 2