Trump Impeachment # 2

The "you just hate Trump" argument has always been asinine. If you hate someone for breaking the law, it's ok to go after them, and it doesn't mean you are going after them only because you hate them. These people are morons or think we are. Unfortunately on the latter it's clear they're right based on election numbers.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I don't know who Mr Doucette is but someone really likes embedding his tweets. he's not very clear about impeachable conduct.  The Framers debated and rejected making maladministration of office grounds for impeachment and instead the Constitution says crimes.  Alan Dershowitz takes the position that it has to be a political crime as "Bribery, Treason, and other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" refers to crimes of state and would not apply if say the President stole your watch. 

17 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I'm also not sure I buy her insistence that Trump truly thinks he has been wronged.  I think he knows he lost, but stokes the flames of doubt to his brainwashed base because it benefits him.

I doubt that you would agree with Nikki Haley or any other Trump voter on what counts as being "wronged."  It's undisputed that 'Big Tech' censored social media and several state governors changed the voting rules in favor of massive mail ins.  If you ask any R if those two alone  counts as "stealing the election" they will say yes.

And remember, Hilary claims Trump was a fraudulent President because some  Russians bought about 30,000 Facebook ads.

8 hours ago, Enhance said:

From my research, the phrase "other high crimes and misdemeanors" has long been controversial. Historically speaking, it sounds like Republicans and Democrats usually accuse one another of misunderstanding what constitutes 'high crimes and misdemeanor' during an impeachment trial. I'm glad we at least agree inciting violence against the federal government would qualify, even if we disagree on whether or not Trump did it.

I don't think it's whatever the Senate says it is is, but objectively speaking, I do think this accusation qualifies as a 'high crime and misdemeanor' at face value. And you said you do, too. But, you're attaching this bizarre qualifier of "only if a POTUS actually did that." It's a conflicting argument IMO. In one hand, it's OK to be impeached for inciting violence against the U.S. government; in the other hand, it's only OK if they did it.

A lot of people do think he did it, so, that's kind of the point isn't it? Obviously, you're welcome to believe he's innocent, but that doesn't render the accusation in and of itself baseless.

Starting a war on false pretenses

Arming people that don't like the USA

Violating a Treaty

Laws to enrich your supporters

Refusing to enforce laws you do not like

Endangering the fate of the world

It seems like the worst things that Presidents would actually do would not constitute the B/T/OHC&M and thus is not Impeachable.   I posit that no POTUS will ever be removed via Impeachment because it would be far too embarrassing to admit that it happened. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I keep trying to figure out why republicans won’t vote to convict.  They were all witnesses to what happened.  If Trump is convicted, no Republican loses power. He’s already out of office. They would be able to claim that they stood up for mortality and the law. 

I just can’t figure out what’s the down side for them to voting to convict.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1