Trump Impeachment # 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I hope there are lots of witnesses.   I would love to know not only what happened behind the scenes  during the riot but also from the people in charge of securing the buildings days before and day of pre-riot.  

I would also love to hear from Dems who have been shown to incite with their rhetoric, what they feel the difference is?  Is it just that some action was taken by the rioters?  Is that gonna be the standard for impeachment?  Do we look backwards on that standard?  Obviously it will have to go forward to anyone using incitement language on the campaign trail

No....there is a big difference between a candidate simply saying We are going to fight for what is right.  And a president inciting fear and doubt for months before a campaign....holding a rally and tell the angry crowd to go to the capital and fight for him.  

The defense that you obviously have fallen for is total BS.  

• Plus1 2

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....there is a big difference between a candidate simply saying We are going to fight for what is right.  And a president inciting fear and doubt for months before a campaign....holding a rally and tell the angry crowd to go to the capital and fight for him.  

The defense that you obviously have fallen god is total BS.  

You always make it personal and go back to the old saying of Trump is my God or Trump is my leader and it is just childish behavior.  What are you 13?  

it’s a question worth asking if they convict based on the charge.  If Dems wanted to impeach and convict, they had a better case on possible dereliction of duty for not using his full force to stop the riot.  As it stands, lots of politicians can now be impeached but not convicted.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Not correct.  Pfizer and Moderna’s are 95% effective at preventing clinically recognizable disease.  Not hospitalization.  Not death.   
So if you got the vaccine and are approximately 2 weeks out and you get symptoms severe enough to warrant treatment with over the counter meds or from a medical professional AND you test positive.   You’re in the 5%. 

:facepalm: If you are gonna call someone wrong, at least know if you are right first.  

Ezekiel Emmanuel Opinion piece on the vaccine data:

The varying “effectiveness” rates miss the most important point: The vaccines were all 100% effective in the vaccine trials in stopping hospitalizations and death. Waiting for a more effective vaccine is actually the worst thing you can do to lower your risk of getting severely ill and dying of COVID-19. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/02/12/all-covid-vaccines-stop-death-severe-illness-column/6709455002/

J&J Vaccine:

In addition, the vaccine offered complete protection against hospitalization and death due to COVID-19 in all regions studied.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/johnson-johnsons-covid-19-vaccine-is-72-effective-overall-over-50-on-emerging-variants

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You always make it personal and go back to the old saying of Trump is my God or Trump is my leader and it is just childish behavior.  What are you 13?  

it’s a question worth asking if they convict based on the charge.  If Dems wanted to impeach and convict, they had a better case on possible dereliction of duty for not using his full force to stop the riot.  As it stands, lots of politicians can now be impeached but not convicted.  

How did I make it personal?  Because I said you’ve fallen for their defense?

so, to clarify, do you believe the defense showed democrats inciting violence like trump did?

Wow. Prior to Mitt Romney last year, no Senator had ever voted to remove someone from their own party.

This time SEVEN Senators vote against trump.

That's not as damning as the evidence provided by the Democrats this past week, but it's damning as hell.

Sasse

Toomey

Murkowski

Romney

Cassidy

Collins

Burr

All voted to convict.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Senate Acquits Trump In Impeachment Trial — Again

In a narrowly divided Senate, the outcome of the trial, which lasted a little less than a week, was largely expected, though it very nearly was extended potentially by weeks. Impeachment managers began Saturday with a surprise, saying they had decided to call a witness, Washington Republican Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler.

After the defense rested Friday, Herrera Beutler issued a statement detailing — again — that Trump had gotten into a shouting match with Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy during the riot, telling him, "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are."

The Senate then voted to allow witnesses, and Trump's lawyers threatened to call potentially dozens. Both sides eventually agreed to enter Herrera Beutler's statement into the record and move on.

The worst part of this is, rather than conduct a real trial with multiple witnesses like the country deserves, these a$$h@!es rushed through the process - AGAIN - this time because they all want to go on vacation.

Recess starts Monday and they didn't want to miss it.

• Plus1 2