Trump Impeachment # 2

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Whataboutism is a poor argument against the present issue dealing with Trump.  It is the ultimate :movegoalpost::goalposts: Deflection with accusations against Hillary or about the summer riots does not remove one ounce of culpability trump has in regards to Jan 6 and the riot at the capital..   Whataboutism is a good distraction until it isn't.  It gets people off target and off focus on the subject of THIS thread.  Start a new thread on Hillary and the summer's riots.  I'll be glad to discuss in those threads.  Whataboutism doesn't change anything that happened Jan 6th.   When there are no valid arguments in favor of Trump's actions/words of Jan 6, whataboutism becomes the only play possible for his supporters it appears.   It is also childish - I'm sure we all heard our mom tell us to be quiet and accept responsibility  when we tried to blame our bad action on a brother  "Well Mike did this".  (Mike is my brother and I tried to blame him for way too much).

Whataboutism is a magic word used by the hypocrites to deflect attention away from hypocrisy.  It has never worked in it's 4 year history other than to reveal the speaker has no comprehension of Trump's popularity with working and middle class people. 

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I hope the DA or DOJ brings charges against Trump so this can be played out in a real court and not politicized by

GOP senators who are afraid of losing their next election because of the cult members voting in their states. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

So what do you think would happen in a regular court case before a jury of his peers?

The Judge tosses out the charges long before it gets to a jury.  The entire theory of incitement was as unconstitutional as as the jurisdiction.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

14 hours ago, Redux said:

And the incitement in question is completely based off of assumed intent and is open to interpretation.  Ergo Trump was acquitted.

Again, you keep using this angle, but how exactly don't sqaure it with McConnell's own words??? Trump's guilty. I vote to aquit, but Trump is guilty.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Trump can run again. I honestly have no idea if he will or not.

He isn't.

He can, but he isn't.  I still don't think he wanted to run the second time, I think he got talked into it.  He is going to be 100 years old in 4 years.  He is not running again, neither is Biden.

In 4 years it is going to be one of the most interesting races ever.  

I also think everyone running will be under 60. 

53 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He isn't.

He can, but he isn't.  I still don't think he wanted to run the second time, I think he got talked into it.  He is going to be 100 years old in 4 years.  He is not running again, neither is Biden.

Under 60? I'll take that bet on the over. That sounds like easy money. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

He isn't.

Only because we're the types who would read a football board all year round. 

If the world goes business as usual then Trump 2024 is dead in the water.  Trump Jr in 2028 is possible.  But if there's a crisis, especially an economic one, people will start calling for the unbridled prosperity that we had in three years of pre-covid Trump.  Then it's game on. 

Likewise if things are okay then Biden will find a reason to run for reelection.  It will take a very bad situation for him to remember his half-promise not to run. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

the unbridled prosperity that we had in three years of pre-covid Trump

react_haha.png

LOL  I've seen trumpets trying to rewrite this bit of history but we have the receipts.

Vo6J4Wl.png

BKKclws.png

What we really should be saying is.... "Thanks, Obama!"

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ZRod said:

Again, you keep using this angle, but how exactly don't sqaure it with McConnell's own words??? Trump's guilty. I vote to aquit, but Trump is guilty.

What Mitch says to save face and what Mitch does are two different things.  You can keep using the angle that "BUT HE SAID", it literally does not matter.

14 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Whataboutism is a magic word used by the hypocrites to deflect attention away from hypocrisy.  It has never worked in it's 4 year history other than to reveal the speaker has no comprehension of Trump's popularity with working and middle class people. 

What a pathetic response.  Keep your eyes  on the ball.  The subject isn't hypocrisy by the left (which I'm sure there is plenty of - do a thread on it if you want to address it)  Hypocrisy by the left does not makes Trump any less culpable for his own actions.  That is the discussion on this thread and pointing out the hypocrites on the left in response is indeed Whataboutism.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1