Trump Impeachment # 2

23 minutes ago, Redux said:

Pretty wild assumption

@Redux my man. Come on. These aren't assumptions. These people are wearing Trump all over themselves. They are his base. He spoke to them. They have told you they believed they were following orders from Trump and so they stormed the capitol. When do words actually have consequences? Surely the words of the President of the United States of America, a position often referred to as the most powerful person in the world, should matter.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Okay so you meant "attempted to coerce" instead of coerced.

What pressure did Trump apply to coerce beyond asking someone to do his job?

This is low hanging fruit

because the Ds are more violent and more proud of it. 

7ic5QFH.jpg

And those pictures make Trump less guilty - how?:dunno     The totality of Trump's defense:  Whataboutism 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1

@Redux I guess it just blows my mind that you want things to be cleaned up in DC, but when it actually comes time for accountability you want to let them off the hook.

To quote Rage Against the Machine (who's music is all the more relevant 20 years later): It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here, what better time than now?

• Plus1 3

On 2/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, ZRod said:

@Redux I guess it just blows my mind that you want things to be cleaned up in DC, but when it actually comes time for accountability you want to let them off the hook.

To quote Rage Against the Machine (who's music is all the more relevant 20 years later): It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here, what better time than now?

We don't actually have to agree about Trump's level of guilt in this instance to both realize the government needs a ton of work.  You subscribe to a different narrative concerning Trump, that's okay.  I myself never voted for him and am unaffected (thus far) by his loss.  But this sham impeachment was never about cleaning anything up.  It was the Dems trying to flex, it was the Dems getting their extra tarnished legacy, it was the Dems almost preventing the chance of him running in 2024.  If his idiot supporters never broke into the Capitol they would have found a different reason to Impeach him.  It's never ending, the guy is out of office and instead of wielding the power of the entire Government the Dems will spend more time trying to convict him, it's ridiculous.  Nothing ever gets done, it's all smoke and mirrors, and people eat this s#!t up like they are doing some great thing.  It's nonsense.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Redux said:

We don't actually have to agree about Trump's level of guilt in this instance to both realize thr government needs a ton of work.  You subscribe to a different narrative concerning Trump, that's okay.  I myself never voted for him and am unaffected (thus far) by his loss.  But this sham impeachment was never about cleaning anything up.  It was the Dems trying to flex, it was the Dems getting their extra tarnished legacy, it was the Dems almost preventing the chance of him running in 2024.  If his idiot supporters never broke into the Capitol they would have found a different reason to Impeach him.  It's never ending, the guy is out of office and instead of wielding the power of the entire Government the Dems will spend more time trying to convict him, it's ridiculous.  Nothing ever gets done, it's all smoke and mirrors, and people eat this s#!t up like they are doing some great thing.  It's nonsense.

Something with a semblance of accountability comes around with agreement from both parties and you completely write it off as s#!t. Literally a start for what you want and you can't even see the forest for the trees. I get it though, it's your skeptical point of view. Just ask yourself though, what would a change look like when it came around in the real world

• Plus1 4
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

The quote is cool. those guys are about as "against the machine" as ABBA.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The quote is cool. those guys are about as "against the machine" as ABBA.

59 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yeah, they are cashing those corporate checks just as fast as anyone else. The shtick sold lots of CD’s and downloads though so good for them. 

I'm not sure what the schtick is. They constantly show up at protests and strikes to support the working class. They have concerts to raise awareness. Donate proceeds to charities, and speak out about political ill on both sides of the isle. Even did a free concert in London to thank their fans for making their song go number one at Christmas.

They still live in a capitalist society and need money for their families, buisnesses, equipment, and support staff. Going on tour isn't a cheap endeavor either.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, photoshopping them into imagery of burning buildings is quite convincing.

The more amusing part is that not a single one of those quotes supports rioting or violence.

And you would cite everyone one of them as 'evidence' if Trump had said the exact same thing. 

But regardless who said it, she had freedom of speech to express her opinion on whether or not the riots were justifiable or at least understandable.  The umpteen quotes may indicate that the speaker is a turd of human being, but it does not mean they broke the law or could be impeached.  

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm not sure what the schtick is. They constantly show up at protests and strikes to support the working class. They have concerts to raise awareness. Donate proceeds to charities, and speak out about political ill on both sides of the isle. Even did a free concert in London to thank their fans for making their song go number one at Christmas.

They still live in a capitalist society and need money for their families, buisnesses, equipment, and support staff. Going on tour isn't a cheap endeavor either.

That is the schtick.  

Everyone gets into music for the same reasons, to make money, to get famous and to go home with something warm each night.  (Paraphrasing Gene Simmons) 

The schtick in music is finding your schtick and exploiting it.  

I love them, they rock, so it is not like I think their music sucks.  But they are a business first, a very profitable one that cares much more about their business than they do anything else.  

Metallica was exactly the same way...until Napster.

• Plus1 1
On 2/17/2021 at 12:29 AM, Notre Dame Joe said:

But if there's a crisis, especially an economic one, people will start calling for the unbridled prosperity that we had in three years of pre-covid Trump. 

:laughpound

it’s so interesting that Trump fans actually believe this BS that the economy was so much better under Trump.  

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

it’s so interesting that Trump fans actually believe this BS that the economy was so much better under Trump.  

What’s funny is the people who don’t believe it.  Those morons are clueless about economics. Even the leftist media touted the economy during first three years of Trump.  Oh and 401K accounts agree too.  

• Plus1 1

Stocks were bonkers (some still are)

Crypto is crazy right now (Not really sure if that counts though). The crypto I bought sucks.

Housing is bananas at the moment (my house value is at an all time high and my house is made out of paper and swiss cheese)

Interest rates are bananas right now

But then you do have some businesses that are gone and will never come back.  Unemployment is still crazy high.