Trump Impeachment # 2

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What’s funny is the people who don’t believe it.  Those morons are clueless about economics. Even the leftist media touted the economy during first three years of Trump.  Oh and 401K accounts agree too.  

You know we can see the charts & graphs showing all trump did was not screw up President Obama's economy, right?

trump was supposed to be this magical businessman. All he did was perpetuate what the "community organizer" did before him. 

If trump was so great, we should have seen an unparalleled prosperity. Instead we saw... what President Obama had already done.

AND, President Obama handed trump a much better economy than his Republican predecessor left him. 

• Plus1 4

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You know we can see the charts & graphs showing all trump did was not screw up President Obama's economy, right?

trump was supposed to be this magical businessman. All he did was perpetuate what the "community organizer" did before him. 

If trump was so great, we should have seen an unparalleled prosperity. Instead we saw... what President Obama had already done.

AND, President Obama handed trump a much better economy than his Republican predecessor left him. 

Ha, good one.  That gave me a good chuckle and helped start my day with a laugh.
 I guess I was more right than I even thought. 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What’s funny is the people who don’t believe it.  Those morons are clueless about economics. Even the leftist media touted the economy during first three years of Trump.  Oh and 401K accounts agree too.  

You do realize it basically was on that trajectory over the previous 7 years?

It's been shown to you so many times on here that it's pretty clear you choose to not pay attention.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's been shown to you so many times on here that it's pretty clear you choose to not pay attention.

I love how there isn't even an attempt to refute with facts & figures.  :rolleyes:

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My fear is inflation due to all the money being pumped into the economy.  Then, they will push up interest rates to combat that.  

I recently did a refi because rates are so low...now I am seeing them under 2!  

I have to assume they will start climbing back up.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I love how there isn't even an attempt to refute with facts & figures.  :rolleyes:

Aren’t you the one that always talks about putting things in context?  

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-10-30/trump-s-economy-really-was-better-than-obama-s

Between December 2009 and December 2016, the unemployment rate dropped 5.2 percentage points, from 9.9% to 4.7%. By December 2019, it had fallen another 1.2 percentage points, to 3.5%. A cursory look at those numbers might lead you to believe that the improvement under Trump was at best a continuation of a trend that began nearly a decade earlier.

It’s necessary to place those numbers in context. By 2016, officials in the Treasury Department and at the Federal Reserve had concluded that the economy was at full employment and that further improvement in the labor market was unlikely. This was in line with the Congressional Budget Office’s guidance that further declines in the unemployment rate would push the economy beyond its sustainable capacity.

In 2016, real median household income was $62,898, just $257 above its level in 1999. Over the next three years it grew almost $6,000, to $68,703. That’s perhaps why, despite the pandemic, 56% of U.S. voters polled last month said their families were better off today than they were four years ago.

Now take Monetary Policy into the equation. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/18/politics/trump-v-obama-economy-fact-check/index.html

Help from the Federal Reserve

With his comments about the "Fed Rate" being zero under Obama and up since his tenure, Trump is arguing that Obama got more help from the Federal Reserve in boosting the economy.
Facts first: It's true that Fed policies helped the economy recover from the Great Recession under Obama, and while its key interest rate is higher now than it ever was under the previous president-- it was cut last year for the first time since 2008.
The Fed kept the federal funds rate, its key interest rate, near zero during Obama's two terms and purchased trillions of dollars in bonds, a policy known as quantitative easing -- a tool the Fed used to help juice the economy from 2009 through 2014.

It didn't start to raise rates again until December 2015 and then for a second time in a decade in December 2016 -- at the end of Obama's second term. It continued to raise the rate after Trump took office, increasing it seven times -- until July 2019. Since then, the Fed has cut the rate three separate times. Currently, it's at about 1.55%.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

The economy was growing and improving in the many of primary KPIs we measure prior to Trump's presidency.

Trump's presidency continued to grow and improve upon many of those same KPI's (prior to the pandemic).

Both of those statements can be true.

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Put the numbers in context and add in monetary policy impacts then get back to me.

No doubt the economy got better from late 2009-2016. What economy didn’t?  The issue everyone with a sense of economics agrees with is that it took soooooo looooonnnggggg even with years and years of FREE money.  

Record low unemployment for minority communities, actual real wage growth, lowering total unemployment to under full employment, consumer sentiment increase, all happening under Trump while rates were increasing.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The economy was growing and improving in the many of primary KPIs we measure prior to Trump's presidency.

Trump's presidency continued to grow and improve upon many of those same KPI's (prior to the pandemic).

Those measures had to grow under Obama.  Could have Done nothing policy wise under Obama except continue the stimulus passes under Bush and the economy would have  grown.  It’s capitalism, that’s what happens after a downturn.  The point most economists make is that the policies Obama put into place actually made the process slower than need be.  

And I love how every on here just glosses over one of the most important factors and that’s monetary policy which can help increase or tamp down growth. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Help from the Federal Reserve

With his comments about the "Fed Rate" being zero under Obama and up since his tenure, Trump is arguing that Obama got more help from the Federal Reserve in boosting the economy.
Facts first: It's true that Fed policies helped the economy recover from the Great Recession under Obama, and while its key interest rate is higher now than it ever was under the previous president-- it was cut last year for the first time since 2008.
The Fed kept the federal funds rate, its key interest rate, near zero during Obama's two terms and purchased trillions of dollars in bonds, a policy known as quantitative easing -- a tool the Fed used to help juice the economy from 2009 through 2014.

It didn't start to raise rates again until December 2015 and then for a second time in a decade in December 2016 -- at the end of Obama's second term. It continued to raise the rate after Trump took office, increasing it seven times -- until July 2019. Since then, the Fed has cut the rate three separate times. Currently, it's at about 1.55%.

This is funny.  :laughpound

Prior to Trump being President, Republicans railed against such low interest rates.

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Exactly. What trumpets would have us believe is that it was terrible under President Obama, and magically good under trump. It wasn't. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Those measures had to grow under Obama.  Could have Done nothing policy wise under Obama except continue the stimulus passes under Bush and the economy would have  grown.  It’s capitalism, that’s what happens after a downturn.  The point most economists make is that the policies Obama put into place actually made the process slower than need be.  

And I love how every on here just glosses over one of the most important factors and that’s monetary policy which can help increase or tamp down growth. 

Oh...it was so horrible under Obama.  It's funny to watch a party loyal Republican that just can't handle that the policies that someone not a Republican did improved the economy from the disaster the previous Republican left him.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

This is funny.  :laughpound

Prior to Trump being President, Republicans railed against such low interest rates.

I never said he didnt :dunno  

Trump whined about rates being raised during his term because he, like every smart person, knows what rising interest rates does to an economy.  I didn’t agree with him because rates did need to start coming up and should have increased sooner in the Obama years. 

• Plus1 1