Trump Impeachment # 2

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And what’s your point?  Are you saying the economic recovery was right on cue with zero percent interest rates for 80% of his term? 

I will unequivocally state that I have absolutely no problem with the speed of the recovery under Obama and Trump since economic growth was the same under both.

Let's not get distracted by the fact that trump has been impeached.

Twice.

In fact, trump is now alone in first place for most impeachments in a term. He also did it in one term. He also had the most number of crossover votes against him from his own party. Ever! 

Legendary. 

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I will unequivocally state that I have absolutely no problem with the speed of the recovery under Obama and Trump since economic growth was the same under both.

I would argue that Obama needed to spend more and run higher deficits. The recovery would've been far more robust. It was otherwise good, but could've been better...

It's worth noting that Senate Republicans torpedoed that spending for electoral benefits at the expense of America.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I would argue that Obama needed to spend more and run higher deficits. The recovery would've been far more robust. It was otherwise good, but could've been better...

It's worth noting that Senate Republicans torpedoed that spending for electoral benefits at the expense of America.

Our company went through the best 6 or 7 years in the history of our 75 year old company starting in 2010. The speed of the recovery was just fine with me.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Our company went through the best 6 or 7 years in the history of our 75 year old company starting in 2010. The speed of the recovery was just fine with me.

For you personally, sure. For the country as a whole, had Republicans not carpet bombed federal spending, it would've been even faster.

Fortunately Biden has learned the lesson.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

And what’s your point?  Are you saying the economic recovery was right on cue with zero percent interest rates for 80% of his term? 

My point is that, the almost 10 year old, quip is stupid. By what measure should it have been "faster"? I can just as easily say Regan's recovery should have been faster, Bush I and II recoveries should have been faster. FDR's recovery should have been faster. It's just a stupid throw away comment that takes no thought or analysis to make. It's lazy.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

My point is that, the almost 10 year old, quip is stupid. By what measure should it have been "faster"? I can just as easily say Regan's recovery should have been faster, Bush I and II recoveries should have been faster. FDR's recovery should have been faster. It's just a stupid throw away comment that takes no thought or analysis to make. It's lazy.

If Rush, Hannity, Levin said it enough times (and they did) then it has to be true - right!  They all said the Obama recovery should have been faster - based on what?  The economy is dynamic it responds differently to different inputs and different eras of time - what is going on not only economically but also socially,  and what is happening around the world - as world events affect our economy more and more as we are more and more tied to inputs and outputs from other countries.  Not every economic period is going to respond the same way it did under Reagan - and even his recovery had a short recession in 1982.   The economy isn't a cake recipe - throw in the ingredients and out pops an instant cake. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We had the 2nd worst collapse and (supposedly, but I never hear by what metric) the worst recovery. A 4 year old could understand why the level of pissing and moaning about this was and is moronic.

trumpets are just mad that President Obama recovered anything at all. So this bad recovery or whatever... just sour grapes.

There's no metric showing how fast we should recover from an economic disaster. 

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trumpets are just mad that President Obama recovered anything at all. So this bad recovery or whatever... just sour grapes.

There's no metric showing how fast we should recover from an economic disaster. 

Still confused on why you talk about musical instruments being mad at Obama?  

Still waiting for source for that data on Trump crossover votes in 2020 election 

Still waiting on the source for that exit polling on Trump LGBT voting number 2020 election 

One can compare recoveries against other recoveries that have happened over time or globally across countries.   Economists do this type of thing often.  It’s why the majority conclude the Obama recovery was pretty slow by historical standards.  

• Plus1 1