Trump Impeachment # 2

57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

trumpets are just mad that President Obama recovered anything at all. So this bad recovery or whatever... just sour grapes.

There's no metric showing how fast we should recover from an economic disaster. 

The recovery had already started by the time Obama took office.  At least Bush had stopped the collapse with unpopular bail outs. 

"The recovery" doesn't last 8 years.  It's better to say that Obama's New Normal would berth him a late December Bowl.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Still confused on why you talk about musical instruments being mad at Obama?  

Still waiting for source for that data on Trump crossover votes in 2020 election 

Still waiting on the source for that exit polling on Trump LGBT voting number 2020 election 

One can compare recoveries against other recoveries that have happened over time or globally across countries.   Economists do this type of thing often.  It’s why the majority conclude the Obama recovery was pretty slow by historical standards.  

We're all still waiting for the data on how we could have recovered faster. 10 years and counting.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Still confused on why you talk about musical instruments being mad at Obama?  

Still waiting for source for that data on Trump crossover votes in 2020 election 

Still waiting on the source for that exit polling on Trump LGBT voting number 2020 election 

One can compare recoveries against other recoveries that have happened over time or globally across countries.   Economists do this type of thing often.  It’s why the majority conclude the Obama recovery was pretty slow by historical standards.  

Can you provide the data on THE MAJORITY of economists believe that?

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The recovery had already started by the time Obama took office.  At least Bush had stopped the collapse with unpopular bail outs. 

"The recovery" doesn't last 8 years.  It's better to say that Obama's New Normal would berth him a late December Bowl.

Can you provide what data you are using to think the recovery started before Obama took office?

• Plus1 2

34 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We're all still waiting for the data on how we could have recovered faster. 10 years and counting.

Look at all the economic data comparing the recoveries from previous recessions.  If you would like to show a consensus of economists who agree that the economic recovery was on par with previous recoveries, I’m all ears 

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

react_haha.png

It's like trumpets don't realize google is there for everyone.

TRUMP-EMPLOYMENT-DATA-THROUGH-DECEMBER-2

170105180818-02-obama-economy-jobs.jpg

Totally get that.

From Economic Policy Institute

Measures of economic performance for the last four recessionary troughs

Recession’s trough Output gap (% of potential GDP) Cumulative output gap (% of potential GDP) Federal Funds Rate Year-over-year inflation rate (PCE)
1982Q4 -7.6% -51.9% 9.3% 5.9%
1991Q1 -2.6% -56.1% 7.3% 3.8%
2001Q4 -1.8% -29.5% 2.1% 1.8%
2009Q2 -7.1% -133.5%
  • Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Would you like to show me the stat that proves Knapp’s assertion true?

By late 2008 market had stopped crashing and the banks had stopped failing due to Bush II's very unpopular at the time TARP bail out.  

Graph bombing is unhelpful without a pre-existing agreement on whose stats agreed upon.  You can web search up a chart to say just about anything

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

By late 2008 market had stopped crashing and the banks had stopped failing due to Bush II's very unpopular at the time TARP bail out.  

Graph bombing is unhelpful without a pre-existing agreement on whose stats agreed upon.  You can web search up a chart to say just about anything

He wasn’t posting and making a statement about the economy when I wrote what you quoted.  he made a direct statement about a direct number of crossover votes.  I can’t get anymore specific on what data I asked for.

Another poster couldn’t seem to find data on recovery comparisons (though I’m guessing didn’t really want to find it) so I posted it for him.  Graph bombing isn’t graph bombing when it’s data that’s asked for and relevant to the conversation.   

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He wasn’t posting and making a statement about the economy when I wrote what you quoted.  he made a direct statement about a direct number of crossover votes.  I can’t get anymore specific on what data I asked for.

Is this in reference to the trump impeachment vote? Are you still on about that?

Are you saying you actually need someone to find the number of republicans who voted to convict trump in the latest (gotta be specific here) Senate trial?

Is that what you need?

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Look at all the economic data comparing the recoveries from previous recessions.  If you would like to show a consensus of economists who agree that the economic recovery was on par with previous recoveries, I’m all ears 

Stop acting like Senate Republicans acted in good faith regarding government spending. They intentionally withheld spending hoping an ailing economy would get them elected, and it worked. They got a tea party wave elected (despite losing the House by a million votes, go figure). 

Biden this time learned his lesson. Its why his spending is in the trillions, while Obama's recovery was fueled by much smaller amounts.

The GOP hates America. That much sit well with you, but it doesn't with me. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Is this in reference to the trump impeachment vote? Are you still on about that?

Are you saying you actually need someone to find the number of republicans who voted to convict trump in the latest (gotta be specific here) Senate trial?

Is that what you need?

No.  You referenced crossover votes.  Trump got 96% of the GOP vote in the 2020 election.  Wondering where Trump lost the most crossover votes.  Bigred replied I was talking percentages and you were talking raw votes so I still wondered what the number of crossover votes was. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No.  You referenced crossover votes.  Trump got 96% of the GOP vote in the 2020 election.  Wondering where Trump lost the most crossover votes.  Bigred replied I was talking percentages and you were talking raw votes so I still wondered what the number of crossover votes was. 

You completely misunderstood that conversation.