Trump Impeachment # 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Stop acting like Senate Republicans acted in good faith regarding government spending. They intentionally withheld spending hoping an ailing economy would get them elected, and it worked. They got a tea party wave elected (despite losing the House by a million votes, go figure). 

Biden this time learned his lesson. Its why his spending is in the trillions, while Obama's recovery was fueled by much smaller amounts.

The GOP hates America. That much sit well with you, but it doesn't with me. 

Obama’s first two years Obama had full control to pass whatever amount of money he wanted to pass.  Nothing was stopping him but other Dems. 

Cute sound bite about the GOP though.  

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Obama’s first two years Obama had full control to pass whatever amount of money he wanted to pass.  Nothing was stopping him but other Dems. 

so you're saying it was the dems who are fiscally conservative?  good to know.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

image.png.7a19bab6557603b511b593fbef958579.png

Notice the fall in spending in 2012? And the rise in 2016?

It's almost like Senate Republicans killed spending as soon as they could and stopped caring as soon as they could!

But I do agree, Obama and the Democrats should've pushed for higher spending even though they were record defecits at the time. Luckily Biden has learned valuable lessons.

EDIT: Apologies for the image. The source is a white border with easy to read numbers. Dang mobile websites.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Notice the fall in spending in 2012? And the rise in 2016?

It's almost like Senate Republicans killed spending as soon as they could and stopped caring as soon as they could!

Notice in 2012 that Senate Republicans could not pass a bill without Senate Dem agreement.  Notice that Senate Republicans have not had a Super Majority in either instance. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Stop acting like Senate Republicans acted in good faith regarding government spending. They intentionally withheld spending hoping an ailing economy would get them elected, and it worked. They got a tea party wave elected (despite losing the House by a million votes, go figure). 

what?

edit: neither party has been anything close to fiscally conservative since Newt Gingrich left Congress.  Anyone who was actually surprised that Trump borrowed and spent a ton of money was quite ignorant of his well established business practices.

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is this in reference to the trump impeachment vote? Are you still on about that?

Are you saying you actually need someone to find the number of republicans who voted to convict trump in the latest (gotta be specific here) Senate trial?

Is that what you need?

I'd like a count of how many turncoat Rs declared that Congress had no jurisdiction and then voted Guilty anyway.  You notice when a D administration is under fire such as the Bill Clinton impeachment, they present a unified front and no one takes sides against the family 'on principle.'    

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'd like a count of how many turncoat Rs declared that Congress had no jurisdiction and then voted Guilty anyway. 

So the only Republicans who voted to convict an obviously guilty toad like trump are "turncoats?"

Gross. America is the worse for thoughts like these.

• Plus1 2
15 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'd like a count of how many turncoat Rs declared that Congress had no jurisdiction and then voted Guilty anyway.  You notice when a D administration is under fire such as the Bill Clinton impeachment, they present a unified front and no one takes sides against the family 'on principle.'    

So, someone who actually thinks for themselves is against the "family".  We have a President who organized a terrorist attack against his own government and congressmen who voted to convict are the "turncoats".

Welcome to party politics and describing what is so wrong with American politics.  Great Job!!!

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

what?

edit: neither party has been anything close to fiscally conservative since Newt Gingrich left Congress.  Anyone who was actually surprised that Trump borrowed and spent a ton of money was quite ignorant of his well established business practices.

I guess we agree that the Tea Party wave in 2010 to 2012 was a bunch of nonsense. 

Unless you're just pulling some standard conservative "completely forget history" stuff and totally forgot how the GOP rode that wave into taking the House and Senate.

Also, what McConnell does in the Senate was for him and the party. He does not care about Trump and never has. He used Trump and disposed of him as soon as it was convenient. 

• Plus1 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:18 PM, ZRod said:

@Redux I guess it just blows my mind that you want things to be cleaned up in DC, but when it actually comes time for accountability you want to let them off the hook.

To quote Rage Against the Machine (who's music is all the more relevant 20 years later): It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here, what better time than now?

Tom Morrello had a pretty good interview on Howard Stern today. 

• Plus1 1