Trump Impeachment # 2

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes he did.  It's an example of the farce that Republicans are fiscal conservatives.  The last President you supported was even worse.

Memba that time Obama would cut social security if Republicans would raise taxes. I memba...

34 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Memba that time Obama would cut social security if Republicans would raise taxes. I memba...

Remember that time Democrats scared seniors with ads claiming Republicans would cut SS? And showing Republicans pushing granny off the ledge from SS cuts...yep I remember cause it happens every four years.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Remember that time Democrats scared seniors with ads claiming Republicans would cut SS? And showing Republicans pushing granny off the ledge from SS cuts...yep I remember cause it happens every four years.  

Kewl, kewl... I'm not talking about campaign ads. I'm talking real legislation. The most important time in the last 20 years years that Democrats reach across the isle to get something done hand in hand with Republicans; They propose blood for blood, each making a painful concession that their base wouldn't like, and the GOP baulks at it.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Kewl, kewl... I'm not talking about campaign ads. I'm talking real legislation. The most important time in the last 20 years years that Democrats reach across the isle to get something done hand in hand with Republicans; They propose blood for blood, each making a painful concession that their base wouldn't like, and the GOP baulks at it.

Maybe Republicans didn’t want to cut SS?  Maybe Republicans saw a poison pill in the Legislation?  Not sure as I don’t really know of the Legislation you are speaking of.  If you don’t mind sending a reminder, it would be much appreciated.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Maybe Republicans didn’t want to cut SS?  Maybe Republicans saw a poison pill in the Legislation?  Not sure as I don’t really know of the Legislation you are speaking of.  If you don’t mind sending a reminder, it would be much appreciated.  

Republicans have wanted to cut SS and Medicare forever.

There was no poison pill because there was no official legislation, only negotions that fell apart. If you don't remember the grand bargain then I don't think you really paid attention to politics. It was the debate over the debt ceiling and the threat of automatic cuts from sequestration.

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Republicans have wanted to cut SS and Medicare forever.

It’s a shame that Democrats have cost everyone so much money in their SS retirement by blocking the private investment option touted by Republicans.  Imagine how much more disposable income seniors and soon to be seniors would have.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s a shame that Democrats have cost everyone so much money in their SS retirement by blocking the private investment option touted by Republicans.  Imagine how much more disposable income seniors and soon to be seniors would have.  

Imagine how absolutely screwed seniors would have been during the recession. The point of a social safety net is to make sure people have something to rely on in the worst of times.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Imagine how absolutely screwed seniors would have been during the recession. The point of a social safety net is to make sure people have something to rely on in the worst of times.

They wouldn’t have, because at that point in life 80% would not have have been in equities.  You know this so why make these scary posts.   BTW...the market returns roughly 10% every single decade on average.  EVERYONE would be better off with a privatized SS system. 

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

They wouldn’t have, because at that point in life 80% would not have have been in equities.  You know this so why make these scary posts.   BTW...the market returns roughly 10% every single decade on average.  EVERYONE would be better off with a privatized SS system. 

Oh, right all those people who lost most of their retirement and had to consider going back to work in there 60s, 70s, 80s were fake news.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Oh, right all those people who lost most of their retirement and had to consider going back to work in there 60s, 70s, 80s we're fake news.

Not smart for someone in their 60’s, 70’s and 80’s be invested in majority equities at that point in life?  That wouldn’t happen with SS.  That said, you are not comparing apples to apples.  Why?  

SS is a Gov program so it can be mandated from a risk perspective.  from 20’s-50’s normal diversified investing, 55’s-death low risk to no risk investing.  

That would be different than a private investment account that you can be as risky as you want with.  

So yes you are fake news with your scare tactics. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not smart for someone in their 60’s, 70’s and 80’s be invested in majority equities at that point in life?  That wouldn’t happen with SS.  That said, you are not comparing apples to apples.  Why?  

SS is a Gov program so it can be mandated from a risk perspective.  from 20’s-50’s normal diversified investing, 55’s-death low risk to no risk investing.  

That would be different than a private investment account that you can be as risky as you want with.  

So yes you are fake news with your scare tactics. 

Are you contradicting yourself now? Because a minute ago you were advocating for private investment, not government mandated investments.

On 2/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, Archy1221 said:

blocking the private investment option touted by Republicans.  

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...