Trump Impeachment # 2

On 1/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, commando said:

he incited a mob to murder for him.

Don't use the term murder, I made that mistake once and the HB legal team corrected me.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-democrats-building-elaborate-emotionally-charged-case-against-trump/ar-BB1ddVdf?ocid=uxbndlbing

Dems trying to build a strong case against Trump that will force the GOP senators in their own “Time for Choosing “  decision. Stand for the insurrection or the constitution 

Cause they did such a bang up job the first time....

21 minutes ago, Redux said:

Don't use the term murder, I made that mistake once and the HB legal team corrected me.

they have the same problem this time that they had last time....a complicit group of republicans.   trump could walk up...say yep i did it all and more....and the republicans would vote to not convict.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Redux said:

They did receive the first ever vote from the opposing side in the Senate...

58 minutes ago, commando said:

they have the same problem this time that they had last time....a complicit group of republicans.   trump could walk up...say yep i did it all and more....and the republicans would vote to not convict.

The weak case is a bigger hurdle than the Republicans, many of whom are more than willing to throw him under the bus to save their own skin.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

The weak case is a bigger hurdle than the Republicans, many of whom are more than willing to throw him under the bus to save their own skin.

the republicans were there.  they were witnesses.   but.....many of them were complicit in firing up the mob.   convicting trump would be an indictment against themselves in several cases.   and the republican party doesnt want to risk losing any members right now.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, Redux said:

Wrong and wrong.

The case is not weak.  Just watch and decide with an open mind.  

Save four or five Republican senators none are willing to throw him under the bus because they know the crazies rule the party.  That's why the likes of McCarthy, Graham, and McConnell flip flopped and are all now again gobble gobble knob knob on the little digit. 

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Sounds like Trump's legal team is falling apart.

Yep  -  he is more famous for chaos then managing a situation - he has proven it over and over again.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/butch-bowers-deborah-barbier-trump-impeachment-team/index.html

Former President Donald Trump's five impeachment defense attorneys have left a little more than a week before his trial is set to begin, according to people familiar with the case, amid a disagreement over his legal strategy.

It was a dramatic development in the second impeachment trial for Trump, who has struggled to find lawyers willing to take his case. And now, with legal briefs due next week and a trial set to begin only days later, Trump is clinging to his election fraud charade and suddenly finds himself without legal representation.
Butch Bowers and Deborah Barbier, who were expected to be two of the lead attorneys, are no longer on the team. A source familiar with the changes said it was a mutual decision for both to leave the legal team. As the lead attorney, Bowers assembled the team.
Josh Howard, a North Carolina attorney who was recently added to the team, has also left, according to another source familiar with the changes. Johnny Gasser and Greg Harris, from South Carolina, are no longer involved with the case, either.