Trump Impeachment # 2

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've always wondered if Trump actually knows he is lying or if he actually believes the crap he spews.  

I don't think anyone close to him was brave enough to have their name published about this, however, there were a lot of reports coming out in the weeks following the election that said Trump knew he had lost and was acknowledging it to those in his closest circles.

I've long felt Trump is well aware of his decisions. But, he's an incredibly powerful narcissist.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Agree.  That is why politicians use lackeys to speak the dirty words.  And why Trump hated all politicians. 

Reprimand

Censure

Loss of law license

Loss of reputation

Contempt of Court  (to be served after the completion of his term in office)

The image of a dress on the Presidential Portrait

Just as we don't have the death penalty for any old crime we don't Impeach over everything that pisses us off.

MeToo is over and people are back to accepting that powerful men use their power for sex.  As for the perjury Clinton lied but he should never have been under oath.  They were investigating some real estate shenanigan from before he was President, which of course was a pretext to get Clinton.  They should have immediately passed a law expanding Executive Privilege to civil lawsuits. 

What f#&%ing world do you live in?

• Plus1 6
6 hours ago, Enhance said:

I don't think anyone close to him was brave enough to have their name published about this, however, there were a lot of reports coming out in the weeks following the election that said Trump knew he had lost and was acknowledging it to those in his closest circles.

I've long felt Trump is well aware of his decisions. But, he's an incredibly powerful narcissist.

In 1985, Trump told the other USFL owners that the league needed to move its season from the spring to the fall and directly face off against the NFL. He then said he had met with all three major network executives, and they were in agreement that fall USFL games would make “terrific” TV. “Lots of interest!” he boasted in a league meeting. “They all want the USFL in fall!” Lie — two network heads told Trump there was no buzz for the USFL as a fall entity. The third? Trump never even called.

The USFL was Trump’s dress rehearsal for the American carnage we’re witnessing today (deadspin.com)

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Except acquittal doesn't move us on.  Only a conviction can end the era of Trump and turn the party in a different direction.  But it will take courage to do so, something in short supply within the current GOP.   We still have the specter of Trump still being a  force within the GOP without a conviction.   The cult will remain alive.  The GOP will still be saddled with the Trump baggage.  But if that is what the GOP calls moving on, then they can move on without a lot of us who have traditionally been supportive of the GOP.  This past election was the first election I did not vote for one GOP candidate - nationally or locally.   They have no loyalty from me as they lost it a long time ago.

• Plus1 4
10 hours ago, knapplc said:

She is doing what she can to save that party despite themselves. 

She longs for the good old days of optional wars and near unlimited spying.

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Plan B.  Censorship   If the Senate doesn’t convict then the Dems need to push for Amendment 14 article 3 resolution. Censoring Trump that would keep him from running for federal office again

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article249077830.html

Did you mean "censure?"  Liz Cheney was censured by the her state R party, Trump has already been censored by the main donors of the D party.

9 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Except acquittal doesn't move us on.  Only a conviction can end the era of Trump and turn the party in a different direction.  But it will take courage to do so, something in short supply within the current GOP.   We still have the specter of Trump still being a  force within the GOP without a conviction.   The cult will remain alive.  The GOP will still be saddled with the Trump baggage.  But if that is what the GOP calls moving on, then they can move on without a lot of us who have traditionally been supportive of the GOP.  This past election was the first election I did not vote for one GOP candidate - nationally or locally.   They have no loyalty from me as they lost it a long time ago.

Neither a conviction or an acquittal moves anything.  The thousands of blue collar Americans who voted for Trump do not feel they are represented by the Cheneys and Romneys of the world. 

The absolute worst thing for the government would be a surprise 'conviction' in the Senate.  Then Trump might just run in 2024 in the newly formed It's all Rigged  party.  When a state refuses to put Trump on the ballot would force SCOTUS to hear the case that they have ducked so far.  They would have to choose between offending Congress or convincing Trump supporters that it is indeed rigged. 

And it's bad for the R party.  Regardless, Donald Trump Jr can run as a third party with a wink and nod, and the resulting schism guarantees another loss. 

• Plus1 1