Trump Impeachment # 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm watching a lot of this video evidence and what's amazing to think is that I've walked a lot of those hallways.  This is the America Republicans support.

Yes, anyone who defends trump in this are themselves trampling everything sacred about our democracy 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Nobody here is falling for your non-stop whataboutism play.  You need a new schtick. 

He is an impeachment manager on an incitement impeachment case.  He didn’t seem to care back then about incitement.   They shoulda picked Managers that actually believed in the cause 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Then don't act despicable.  Open your eyes man to your blind loyalty.  Stop being loyal to man and be loyal  to the constitution.

More class :thumbs
If you knew what you were speaking of, you would notice I didn’t defend any rioting ever. But you don’t, so it looks like you didn’t.  Not surprised.  

People can spend all year Impeaching Trump For all I care.  He’s never gonna be President again. 
But if we are gonna go with an incitement charge, then let’s go all the way and impeach ALL those who incite violence against government officials.  Calling out hypocrisy does not mean it’s an endorsement of rioting. I don’t just want it one way like you do    I don’t have  rules for some but not others like you do.  

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

Impeachment is not removal from office. Impeachment is a rebuke, a statement to a politician that they have not met the expectations of their office. 

Think of impeachment as a write-up, but not a termination. It's a step toward termination, but it doesn't have to result in termination. 

You need to read what the Constitution actually says instead of what some guy promoted by silicon valley thinks it says.  Impeachment is a specific and dire legal process when Congress must remove a Federal Officer.  Impeachment is not a synonym for Oversight.

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You need to read what the Constitution actually says instead of what some guy promoted by silicon valley thinks it says.  Impeachment is a specific and dire legal process when Congress must remove a Federal Officer.  Impeachment is not a synonym for Oversight.

Again, no.

An impeached person is not removed from office. Impeachment is a step in the removal process. For a civil servant to be removed from office they must be CONVICTED. Conviction follows impeachment.

Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not removed from office. trump has been impeached twice. Neither impeachment resulted in his removal from office.

You're confusing steps in the process. The correct verbiage matters.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In case we needed the 15th reason that Impeachment is being abused for political theater, cnn is reporting Congress unveils never before seen footage.

Secret evidence held back for ambush at a trial?  Maybe okay in the Soviet guard; here a travishamockery.

It isn't. It's part of the process.

This is not a trial, and rules of evidence that you would normally see in court do not apply.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Secret evidence held back for ambush at a trial?  Maybe okay in the Soviet guard; here a travishamockery.

Your argument/frustration would hold more water if this is was a criminal trial. It is not. The same rules of evidence do not apply.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

In case we needed the 15th reason that Impeachment is being abused for political theater, cnn is reporting Congress unveils never before seen footage.

never publicly seen footage.