Trump Impeachment # 2

20 hours ago, TGHusker said:

REMEMBER TO DO THIS:

CALL AND EMAIL YOUR GOP SENATORS AND VOICE YOUR OPINION ON THE TRIAL

Deb Fischer and Ben Sasse don't give a s#!t about what I think; they've made that clear in the correspondence I've already had with them. 

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I think a really good thing for investigators would be to trace the sources of that misinformation. Is it coming from Fox News? OAN? Facebook? Other social media?

Identifying who's spreading these lies would go a long way toward combating misinformation. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good article.  My takeaway is that unfortunately Haley is anything but genuine.  It's not that she doesn't hold values, but she seems to be someone who will gladly "adjust" those values in order to suit her interests.  I suppose you could say that about a lot of politicians.  But she's gone from Trump antagonist in 2016 to Trump Cabinet member and "friend" to what she appears to be now, which is someone who's not sure how much she wants to be seen in regards to her Trump views.  The part where the reporter wonders how Haley could not have not seen Trump's post election behavior coming sooner is spot on IMO.    

I'm also not sure I buy her insistence that Trump truly thinks he has been wronged.  I think he knows he lost, but stokes the flames of doubt to his brainwashed base because it benefits him.  That's the sort of thing that he does.  For example:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-discredit-negative-stories.html

I do, however give Haley props for doing this interview and I definitely hold her in a higher regard than the likes of Rubio, Cruz and Graham.  I guess the difference is that they are still in office.  

The debate as to how much Trump "incited" or "directed" the insurrection I can see having differing views.

The idea that it was actually a false flag directed by Antifa...? Not so much. 

(edit: replying to @knapplc and it doesn't flow with an unrelated post in between)

Edited by DevoHusker
explanation
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think a really good thing for investigators would be to trace the sources of that misinformation. Is it coming from Fox News? OAN? Facebook? Other social media?

Identifying who's spreading these lies would go a long way toward combating misinformation. 

Oh...but if it's on something like Facebook, they shouldn't be allowed to censor it.....that would be bad.

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No it is not.  They wrote the Article of Impeachment and named a real crime as the "high crimes and mis-demeanors."  It's on the pro-Impeachment side to explain what they meant and me to point out the obvious inconsistency.

They do explain their position in the Article of Impeachment. It appears you simply disagree with their logic, which further does not justify your attempts to convolute the literal and legal differences between an impeachment and criminal trial.

Would it be correct/fair to say you don't believe "inciting violence against the Government of the United States" is justification enough to impeach a president, regardless of who said president is?

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

BTW if you didn't already know.  Party politics suck.  

It absolutely is unbelievable that we have a President that directed a mob of terrorists to attack our government and we have people like @Notre Dame Joe and @Archy1221 still defending him or supporting him.

It's honestly something I thought I would never see in this country.

Did I defend Trump for his inaction after the riot started?  No, and you know this yet you post that drivel.  What I have done is point out the double standard the Democrats have of not wanting to punish their own for incitement. 

You have a false pre-ordained narrative about me that you are bound and determined to put out their no matter what facts hit you in the face.  It’s honestly something I thought I would never see @BigRedBuster do on this board.   Actually, On second thought I guess I kinda expected it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Good article.  My takeaway is that unfortunately Haley is anything but genuine.  It's not that she doesn't hold values, but she seems to be someone who will gladly "adjust" those values in order to suit her interests.  I suppose you could say that about a lot of politicians.  But she's gone from Trump antagonist in 2016 to Trump Cabinet member and "friend" to what she appears to be now, which is someone who's not sure how much she wants to be seen in regards to her Trump views.  The part where the reporter wonders how Haley could not have not seen Trump's post election behavior coming sooner is spot on IMO.    

I'm also not sure I buy her insistence that Trump truly thinks he has been wronged.  I think he knows he lost, but stokes the flames of doubt to his brainwashed base because it benefits him.  That's the sort of thing that he does.  For example:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/22/trump-told-lesley-stahl-he-bashes-press-to-discredit-negative-stories.html

I do, however give Haley props for doing this interview and I definitely hold her in a higher regard than the likes of Rubio, Cruz and Graham.  I guess the difference is that they are still in office.  

She wants to run for President.  She won’t win 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did I defend Trump for his inaction after the riot started?  No, and you know this yet you post that drivel.  What I have done is point out the double standard the Democrats have of not wanting to punish their own for incitement. 

You have a false pre-ordained narrative about me that you are bound and determined to put out their no matter what facts hit you in the face.  It’s honestly something I thought I would never see @BigRedBuster do on this board.   Actually, On second thought I guess I kinda expected it.  

No, and that's why I added "supporting".

Fact is, you still support a person who organized a terrorist attack against our government even though you don't defend his actions in the last month of his term.

Congrats.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, and that's why I added "supporting".

Fact is, you still support a person who organized a terrorist attack against our government even though you don't defend his actions in the last month of his term.

Congrats.

Why would I support Trump anymore?  He is no longer in office and will not run again?  What’s to support?  Again you make asinine statements not based in fact.   Congrats. 

Maybe make a factual statement for a change and say I supported most of his policy goals during his Presidency.  Maybe say I supported his re-election. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would I support Trump anymore?  He is no longer in office and will not run again?  What’s to support?  Again you make asinine statements not based in fact.   Congrats. 

Maybe make a factual statement for a change and say I supported most of his policy goals during his Presidency.  Maybe say I supported his re-election. 

Well...if I was a Trump supporter before and voted for him...then he leads a terrorist attack against the government, I would be saying that I shouldn't have ever voted for him in the first place and supported him.

You still support his administration.

• Haha 1