Trump Impeachment # 2

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m not a fan of Rand by any stretch. 

But, if you are in a group of people who have all been vaccinated, why should anyone need a mask?

A) I'm not sure that it's been entirely determined that you can't spread the virus even after vaccination

B) there is a mask mandate for federal buildings.  

You know, law and order chuckleshuffle

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

A) I'm not sure that it's been entirely determined that you can't spread the virus even after vaccination

B) there is a mask mandate for federal buildings.  

You know, law and order chuckleshuffle

I understand B and he should abide by that. 

My question was more of a general thought/question about all of us moving forward.  

Probably should be in a different thread.  

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I understand B and he should abide by that. 

My question was more of a general thought/question about all of us moving forward.  

Probably should be in a different thread.  

You're probably right, it probably should be, but Scarlet is right to a point: it isn't determined yet if you can spread the virus if you've been vaccinated. Plus, none of the vaccines are 100% effective, so until we reach a point where herd immunity is achieved (which may be never), masks are still necessary when going out and about. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You're probably right, it probably should be, but Scarlet is right to a point: it isn't determined yet if you can spread the virus if you've been vaccinated. Plus, none of the vaccines are 100% effective, so until we reach a point where herd immunity is achieved (which may be never), masks are still necessary when going out and about. 

They are 100% effective against serious Covid illness, Covid hospitalization, Covid death.  

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They are 100% effective against serious Covid illness, Covid hospitalization, Covid death.  

They are. The problem in the future will be the idiots that don't get the vaccine.

It may be the case that a vaccine limits a person to being asymptomatic if they get COVID, theoretically allowing them to spread it to people who refused the vaccine. We just don't know at this point. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

They are. The problem in the future will be the idiots that don't get the vaccine.

That isn’t the problem for the responsible people to deal with. If we get most people vaccinated and our numbers remain very low, I shouldnt have to wear a mask and change my life because some idiots won’t get vaccinated.  If they get sick, that’s their problem.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

That isn’t the problem for the responsible people to deal with. If we get most people vaccinated and our numbers remain very low, I shouldnt have to wear a mask and change my life because some idiots won’t get vaccinated.  If they get sick, that’s their problem.  

While true, it does become society's problem if spread continues and the virus becomes endemic. Although we have probably reached that point already.

To anybody reading this: get your vaccine. It's the most patriotic thing you can do at this point. 

While the odds are long that the Republicans will stumble across some semblance of ethical behavior, it's at least some sort of karmic justice to know the Führer is squirming and his blood pressure is probably getting to the point of triggering another stroke.

Not that I'd wish that on anyone

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Gee....wonder why Republicans are so upset that the senate voted to hear witnesses.  

If Trump has nothing to hide, I would think they would welcome it?

I hope there are lots of witnesses.   I would love to know not only what happened behind the scenes  during the riot but also from the people in charge of securing the buildings days before and day of pre-riot.  

I would also love to hear from Dems who have been shown to incite with their rhetoric, what they feel the difference is?  Is it just that some action was taken by the rioters?  Is that gonna be the standard for impeachment?  Do we look backwards on that standard?  Obviously it will have to go forward to anyone using incitement language on the campaign trail

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I posit that no POTUS will ever be removed via Impeachment because it would be far too embarrassing to admit that it happened. 

I can agree with that, but not just because of embarrassment, but also because of our two party system. Whoever's POTUS is the subject of impeachment will likely always have too many votes to prevent conviction.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Not correct.  Pfizer and Moderna’s are 95% effective at preventing clinically recognizable disease.  Not hospitalization.  Not death.   
So if you got the vaccine and are approximately 2 weeks out and you get symptoms severe enough to warrant treatment with over the counter meds or from a medical professional AND you test positive.   You’re in the 5%.