Trump Impeachment # 2

I have zero respect for Sasse or any of the other republicans who voted to convict.

Too Little, Too Late.  They should have been in the media EVERY DAY after the election countering trump's bulls#!t.

They get no special praise for this. Five people still died as a result of their silence.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The worst part of this is, rather than conduct a real trial with multiple witnesses like the country deserves, these a$$h@!es rushed through the process - AGAIN - this time because they all want to go on vacation.

Shocking the party that rushed an Impeachment in the last week also wanted to rush the travishamockery of a trial.  If it was a serious attempt at justice the witnesses would have be named and interviewed long before the trial actually started. 

6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Mainly listened 

You are a bigger political junkie than I.  Once it became clear that the "Impeachment Trial" was actually political theater I treated it like the first 3 days of a nominating convention. 

5 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Every day it becomes more clear why his neighbor beat him up.

Violent rhetoric from the Ds.  I hear that counts as incitement. 

2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Shocking the party that rushed an Impeachment in the last week also wanted to rush the travishamockery of a trial.  If it was a serious attempt at justice the witnesses would have be named and interviewed long before the trial actually started. 

You are a bigger political junkie than I.  Once it became clear that the "Impeachment Trial" was actually political theater I treated it like the first 3 days of a nominating convention. 

Good job at being a loyal party man. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Welp, it's over. But then again, it's not over. It'll be interesting to see what direction our country goes from here. Hopefully, it can retain some of morals and respect, even when people like Trump might not (since he was just acquitted) be held accountable for heinous behavior. We now have to hope he doesn't grow even more powerful from his followers who feed off his lies and mind games to crack at the foundations of our country's democracy and decency. I pray Trump will fade off into insignificance. However, I fear the worst from the likes of individuals who have been emboldened by the actions of Trump to try and seize opportunities of power and influence. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Welp, it's over. But then again, it's not over. It'll be interesting to see what direction our country goes from here. Hopefully, it can retain some of morals and respect, even when people like Trump might not (since he was just acquitted) be held accountable for heinous behavior. We now have to hope he doesn't grow even more powerful from his followers who feed off his lies and mind games to crack at the foundations of our country's democracy and decency. I pray Trump will fade off into insignificance. However, I fear the worst from the likes of individuals who have been emboldened by the actions of Trump to try and seize opportunities of power and influence. 

I'm a lot more worried about who will come after Trump than Trump himself. Republicans have shown no matter what one of their own does, they will get away with it. Non-Republicans absolutely have to win federal elections the next 4 years to try to stop what's been put into motion.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

This impeachment and the previous one just green lighted for any future wannabe despot that the oath to uphold the Constitution is just lip service and there is no recourse for violating that oath.  It means inciting an insurrection with the intent to overtime a free and fair election has the same consequences as getting a blowjob underneath the Oval Office desk.  Well done America.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

the republicans have established precedent.   inciting violence is not a crime apparently.

• Plus1 4