Trump Impeachment # 2

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

One way of looking at it.  Sems like it was done hastily instead of thoroughly.

There was more than enough evidence to impeach and convict trump based on his words alone.  No more investigation of trump had to be done to convict him - we just needed Republicans who put country ahead of party. 

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There was more than enough evidence to impeach and convict trump based on his words alone.  No more investigation of trump had to be done to convict him - we just needed Republicans who put country ahead of party. 

Well, that's more of an opinion based statement.  Seeing as he was acquitted it's a blame game now.  I'd start with, the Democrats for doing it so hastily and half assed.  They had the vote, they were granted witnesses.  Then they bailed because something they didn't want coming to light would be at risk.  Now they will conveniently investigate this matter after the fact.  Sorry, it just looks crooked as all hell.  Then blame Mitch for being a total slimeball because he is a total slimeball.

I don't think it was about convicting for them.  One asterisk wasn't enough so now Trump holds the distinction of 2 asterisks next to his name.  Unfortunately I'm seeing it become the norm now, I expect Impeachment threats and trials during all presidential tenures from here on out.

You can tear this apart now.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Well, that's more of an opinion based statement.  Seeing as he was acquitted it's a blame game now.  I'd start with, the Democrats for doing it so hastily and half assed.  They had the vote, they were granted witnesses.  Then they bailed because something they didn't want coming to light would be at risk.  Now they will conveniently investigate this matter after the fact.  Sorry, it just looks crooked as all hell.  Then blame Mitch for being a total slimeball because he is a total slimeball.

I don't think it was about convicting for them.  One asterisk wasn't enough so now Trump holds the distinction of 2 asterisks next to his name.  Unfortunately I'm seeing it befome the norm now, I expect Impeachment threats anf trials during all presidential tenures from here on out.

You can tear this apart now.

Do you think trump was innocent and should not have been impeached?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I actually have a busy day ahead of me so I'll just say this:

Overall Trump created a cult following of supporters inside the Republican party.  He did this by making bold promises and used uber conservative rhetoric.  By the end of his tenure he had amassed a following willing to do whatever he wanted, but he didn't need to ask.  In fact, they were willing to go above and beyond what he would ask.

Was Trump guilty of inciting the Capitol riot?  No, not really.  It's another case of being able to manipulate his words to fit a narrative.  Has he stated vague things with hidden innuendo or been a total trash person at a press conference or said horrible stupid things on social media?  Dear god yes.  But I don't think this was one of them.  It takes a lot of "A Beautiful Mind" level code breaking to get from "I know you're going to the Capitol/protest peacefully" to get to "UNLEASH THE DOGS OF WAR MY MAGA MINIONS!!!!".

This failed for the same reason it failed the first time, the best evidence was bad evidence.  Trumps words live on camera aren't evidence when your case then has to be "Well here's what he REALLY meant when he said this...".

Sorry that went a lot longer than I anticipated.  Again this is just my outlook on it and the results kind of reflect that.  But you're welcome to peacefully disagree with me.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Cmom Knapp, impeaching a President for merely inciting a mob to ransack the capitol leading to the horrific deaths of only a few people is a partisan hack job.

If Democrats impeach a President for that, it's a slippery slope to doing it for anything! Those Democrats need to heal the country and move on!

That last part is not sarcasm, I fully expect Republicans to turn impeachment into a sham. Their hatred of America lives on.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Cmom Knapp, impeaching a President for merely inciting a mob to ransack the capitol leading to the horrific deaths of only a few people is a partisan hack job.

If Democrats impeach a President for that, it's a slippery slope to doing it for anything! Those Democrats need to heal the country and move on!

That last part is not sarcasm, I fully expect Republicans to turn impeachment into a sham. Their hatred of America lives on.

Didn't the Qanon Karen in Congress claim to have already filed articles of impeachment against Biden?