Trump Impeachment # 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, they have 220 people to choose from.   If it were me in charge, I wouldn’t pick someone who previously voted to invalidate an election (since that is then underlying issue that other politicians are upset about and they say cause the uproar which Trump is being impeached for inciting) and another who had an affair with and employed a Chinese Spy.  

There has to be 2 other people available without that stink on them. 

why are you concerned with their "stink" when you have the biggest skunk ever who needs to be impeached?

• Plus1 3

compare NDJoe to the above statements.   it appears he is a part of the group threatening republicans....or at least supports those thugs.

11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We've watched spineless Rs bend over to the Ds many times before.  The last time the Left convinced the world that George Bush 2 was the worst President in history it got us Obamacare and Libya.  10 years later neither has really been cleaned up.  We need to be monitoring who cannot be trusted to stand the heat.  And that is without discussing how Trump could snap his fingers and derail the R primary in 2024 with a 3rd party campaign. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, commando said:

total respect for republicans who overcome their fear of being murdered by trumps crazed goon squads.  the brown shirts iare  a very apt comparison

It's been clear they're spineless for a long time. They wouldn't put country first before just over their pocket books or positions of power, of course they won't now.

• Plus1 1

McCarthy wants censorship not impeachment.    I disagree.   At least he says trump was responsible. 

Unfortunately there is a Husker fan who is acting like a stupid MEGA head in response

I hate to see the beloved Husker emblem next to the post :facepalm:

Jim Jordan is one of Trump's lapdogs and trump awarded him wt the Presidential Metal of Freedom.  Now Jordan wants Liz Cheney removed from GOP House leadership because SHE has the 'balls" & independent mind to stand for impeachment.  The GOP needs a few more Liz Cheney when it comes to seeing that Trump has been a disaster not only for the country but also for the GOP.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jordan-calls-cheneys-removal-house-165447903.html

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan said Wednesday that he will move to oust Rep. Liz Cheney from her role as House Republican Conference Chair in the wake of her announcement that she will vote to impeach President Donald Trump.

"The conference ought to vote on that,” Jordan (Ohio), a member of the arch-conservative House Freedom Caucus, said in the Capitol on Wednesday. “We ought to have a second vote.”

A spokesperson for Cheney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Cheney (Wyo.) released a statement Tuesday explaining her support for Trump’s impeachment, saying he “summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack” on the U.S. Capitol last week. Pro-Trump rioters violently stormed the Capitol last week after the president spoke outside the White House, calling on his supporters to “be strong.”

“None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not,” Cheney said in the statement. “There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

Cheney bucked House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), both of whom oppose impeachment, setting up a rift in GOP leadership.

On the House floor Wednesday ahead of an impeachment vote, Jordan spoke against Democrats’ efforts to impeach Trump after voting to overturn presidential results last week.

Trump earlier this month awarded Jordan the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest honor a civilian can receive.

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Expel Pelosi from Congress:D

Reason number 7,500and something on why Asha is a dolt who constantly gets things wrong.  CNN always brings its best to comment on things I guess  

I don't know what quote the Tweet is referring to, but I'd agree the all politicians need to tone down the rhetoric about demonizing the other sides.  

If Pelosi made statements in the past that could have riled up some crazies to try and overtake the Capitol, she's lucky it didn't happen.  Otherwise I'd be all for running her out of office on a rail.

Sucks for Trump that some of his followers are crazy enough to take him literally...But anyone with a brain knew there was a group of Americans chomping at the bit for a civil war, Trump should have been aware.  I'd argue he was, and was happy to see it happen. 

• Plus1 1

There are 6 GOP House members willing to take a stand against Trump and for the country

Here are the Republicans who will vote to impeach Trump - Axios

Here are the Republicans who have said they will vote for impeachment:

• Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash.): "A vote against this impeachment is a vote to validate the unacceptable violence we witnessed in our nation's capital. It is also a vote to condone President Trump's inaction ... Our country needed a leader, and President Trump failed to fulfill his oath of office. I will vote yes on the articles of impeachment."
  • Rep. Jaime Herrera-Beutler (R-Wash.): "The President of the United States incited a riot aiming to halt the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next. That riot led to five deaths. ... Hours went by before the president did anything meaningful to stop the attack."
  • Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.): "The Congress must hold President Trump to account and send a clear message that our country cannot and will not tolerate any effort by any President to impede the peaceful transfer of power from one President to the next. Thus, I will vote to impeach."
  • Rep. Liz Cheney: "The President of the United States summoned his mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. ... There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution. I will vote to impeach the President."
  • Rep. John Katko (N.Y.): “To allow the president of the United States to incite this attack without consequence is a direct threat to the future of our democracy. For that reason, I cannot sit by without taking action. I will vote to impeach this president."
  • Rep. Adam Kinzinger (Ill.): "There is no doubt in my mind that the president broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection...I will vote in favor of impeachment."

•