***Official 2021 College Football Thread***

suh_fan93

Chandler Morris' huge day powers TCU to a win over No.12 Baylor

Chandler Morris threw for 461 yards and two touchdowns in his first start for TCU and the Horned Frogs beat No. 14 Baylor 30-28 on Saturday in their first game without Gary Patterson on the sideline since 1997.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tcu-horned-frogs/2021/11/06/chandler-morris-huge-day-powers-tcu-to-win-over-no-12-baylor-in-first-game-without-gary-patterson/

Morris, a redshirt freshman who transferred from Oklahoma and is the son of former Arkansas and SMU head coach Chad Morris, completed 29 of 41 passes. He also led the Frogs with 70 yards rushing and a TD on 11 carries. Morris had taken over in the second half last week for Max Duggan, who had been playing with a fractured bone in his foot since getting hurt Oct. 9 at Texas Tech.

Jerry Kill, the former Minnesota coach who was the best man in Patterson’s wedding and in an off-field role on his staff, took over as interim head coach.

“I have little to do with it. I credit the kids and the coaches that are on this staff. Gary Patterson and those people have built this program. I’ve been here or two years,” Kill said. “I’m just kind of a fill-in guy. I’m just so proud of those kids and the relentless effort that they played with.”

Morris listed as 5'11 175lbs, a 3 star recruit out of Dallas, signed with Oklahoma.  He was a redshirt in 2020, threw 5 passes, scored 2 TDs, and had to wait months after announcing he was transferring to TCU.  Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley refused to release him to a "conference opponent" but eventually caved, in April.  The heated irony shows that Lincoln Riley also has recent former conference opponent coaches on his staff (from KU and West Virginia).

In April, after finally getting his release, Morris tweeted "Finally freed".

The start against Baylor was the redshirt freshman's first career college start.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, observer3 said:

Just wait, if they playoffs expand to 12 teams, look forward to 3-5 SEC every year.   Well probably not 5 but I wouldn't put it past them!

No kidding! All the SEC/Texas/Oklahoma backroom dealings AND trying to expand the playoffs to 12 has put me firmly in the camp of only expanding the playoffs to 8 teams 

• Plus1 1

Caleb Williams from OU with a 2nd pick now vs Baylor.  The dude just chucks it up for grabs all the time.  That worked against TX's absolutely  awful defense in that game, but won't work against any secondary with a pulse.  The OU receivers are good at making plays but that prayer ball is not a sustainable strategy.   

Baylor trying to go up 2 scores currently....nope Baylor fumbles and fails to score in the red zone for a 2nd time this game.   10-7 Baylor still.