Economy

23 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Could this be a modern day Boston Tea Party? - I think it could be, however my cynicism, regarding the current structure of society makes me feel as though the elite will succeed in limiting this type of engagement by regular people. The founding fathers had the pleasure of the controlling entity being thousands of miles away, with no real ability to maintain "law and order," now there are unlimited measures that can be taken by the forces that rule our government and own our politicians in order to remove any iota of power from the people. 

Hate to be right, especially after I bought in..... damn.

Saw a tweet on Reddit a bit ago which I can't find now... It's not necessarily Robinhood or the other trading companies who are blocking us common day traders. It's the holding companies that they use. They won't even let the trading companies get the stock.

Goes to show all along, the real battle is not democrat vs republican/ conservative vs. liberal. The real battle in this nation is the rich vs. the poor. Everything else is a distraction to shield the wealthy and hide their actions. People are waking up to this, hence the populist messaging on both the right (Trump) and the left (Bernie) however even within that messaging the wealthy are still pitting common people against each other. Divide and conquer. It's no wonder this nation is more divided than its ever been. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

I have been supportive of the retail investors in all of this and remain so.  But, let's look at two things:

1)  If people have the money to invest enough to move a stock this much, it's not being done by "the poor".  So, let's do away with that myth.  Just because you're a retail investor, doesn't mean you're poor.  In fact, I don't really know many retail investors that I would classify as poor.

2)  Where the people who instigated this possibly went wrong and where they would lose all of my support, is if they put out false information on a stock with the sole purpose of manipulating the stock price.  If that is found to be true, they lose my support.  The Wall Street hedge fund managers would be held to that standard. So, these people should be also.

Thanks, and have a good day.

• Plus1 1

55 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

false

Really???   I know it’s a shady business.  But someone in Wall Street that is found to be spreading false information with the sole purpose of stock manipulation is very heavily regulated.  That’s the line that they know they can’t cross without major problems.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???   I know it’s a shady business.  But someone in Wall Street that is found to be spreading false information with the sole purpose of stock manipulation is very heavily regulated.  That’s the line that they know they can’t cross without major problems.  

They literally went on MSNBC the last couple weeks trying to bust the rise. The worst that will happen to them is they will get fined and continue on.

WSB is accusing these guys of market manipulation on multiple fronts; through the media, through bear raids, and now through straight blocking the buying of stocks. WSB is like 4chan language wise, but these guys did the DD this time and saw it coming a mile away. They claim to be autists but there are some pretty smart people over there.

You didn't have to be rich to make a good chunk of money off this either. Last week the stock was under $40 a share. If you bought $2000 @ $40 per share, then sold at the peak of $483 per share this week you would have made $22,150. You don't have to be rich at all to do that, and it's a very significant amount of money for any lower or middle class person.

***correction the 52 week high (hit today) was $483 per share. So you'd make 6k more than I had previously stated***