Economy

4 hours ago, admo said:

What did he do to keep gas prices low?

You’re missing the point. What would he have done to do that? Presidents aren’t a big factor in every last detail of the economy. People have been blaming presidents for high gas prices based on partisanship for eons. It’s always been stupid.

• Plus1 3

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

What did Biden do to raise gas prices?

He beat the Corona virus, ensured a well planned, effective vaccine rollout, and was able to reopen the economy. You know, the good things that made it possible for people to be normal again rather than be locked in their house. I guess you could say Trump was responsible for lowering the gas price at the cost of 500,000 American lives, and a lost year for every American, including children who missed out on school and athletic and other extracurricular opportunities that they will never get back. Woot woot - go Trump, thanks for the low gas price too bad I couldn't go anywhere to benefit from it. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

He beat the Corona virus, ensured a well planned, effective vaccine rollout, and was able to reopen the economy. You know, the good things that made it possible for people to be normal again rather than be locked in their house. I guess you could say Trump was responsible for lowering the gas price at the cost of 500,000 American lives, and a lost year for every American, including children who missed out on school and athletic and other extracurricular opportunities that they will never get back. Woot woot - go Trump, thanks for the low gas price too bad I couldn't go anywhere to benefit from it. 

Then we are done with the virus???  YES!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s not and it’s a shame you keep saying it.  

Well, that's funny because that is what people have said directly from your party.  In fact, some of those comments have come from the President that you voted for.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/06/donald-trump-mexican-immigrants-tremendous-infectious-disease

“The worst elements in Mexico are being pushed into the United States by the Mexican government,” Trump said in a statement he released on Monday, which criticised the media for deliberately distorting his earlier remarks.

“The largest suppliers of heroin, cocaine and other illicit drugs are Mexican cartels that arrange to have Mexican immigrants trying to cross the borders and smuggle in the drugs. The border patrol knows this. Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border. The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world.”

That's a direct quote from Trump while President.

What is that about Mexicans being rapists?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-37230916

Cool.  This even comes with a video showing the quotes.  Oh...yeah...and Mexico is going to pay for the wall to keep all those dirty disease infected rapists out.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

OH, and how about one of the loudest mouth pieces for the party. @Archy1221

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tucker-carlson-advertisers-770504/

Tucker Carlson wants his viewers to know that he feels sympathy for immigrants. “Nice people, no one doubts that,” he said last Thursday, echoing President Trump’s oft-repeated contention that he loves “the Mexican people.” It’s how Carlson finished this particular statement that has since caused a growing number of advertisers to dissociate themselves from the popular Fox News host. “But as an economic matter this is insane,” he continued. “It’s indefensible, so no one even tries to defend it. Instead our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. We have a moral obligation to admit the world’s poor, they tell us, even if it makes our country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Archy1221 Can you point me to whom in the party pushed back on these comments?  It sure seems like everyone at Trump rallies sure cheered them on and they sure keep watching Tucker by the millions.

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OH, and how about one of the loudest mouth pieces for the party. @Archy1221

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/tucker-carlson-advertisers-770504/

You sure are trying hard to make that narrative happen and fit the post I responded to.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You sure are trying hard to make that narrative happen and fit the post I responded to.  

It's literally quotes from your party's leader and ex President.  :dunno

In other words, it's not like I had to try really hard.

You say you agree with his policies.  So, why wouldn't I also assume you agree with his comments on reasons for those policies?  I think a lot of Trump's quotes I posted are from campaigns.  So, in other words, you still voted for him after he made these comments.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's literally quotes from your party's leader and ex President.  :dunno

In other words, it's not like I had to try really hard.

You say you agree with his policies.  So, why wouldn't I also assume you agree with his comments on reasons for those policies?  I think a lot of Trump's quotes I posted are from campaigns.  So, in other words, you still voted for him after he made these comments.

Surely it's not because they are all dirty disease infested brown people who rape and kill all our family members.

“The largest suppliers of heroin, cocaine and other illicit drugs are Mexican cartels that arrange to have Mexican immigrants trying to cross the borders and smuggle in the drugs. The border patrol knows this. Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border.

It’s not really the same, but go on.  

• Plus1 1