Economy

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Well the DNC tweeted out a “Thanks President Biden” when gas prices went down two whole cents last week of November.  Apparently they believe he affects gas prices.  

Or, they believe you are a moron and will associate Biden with lowering of gas prices...

Don't be a moron.

• Plus1 4

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I bought a home a little over a year ago. It's worth $100,000 more as of today. If you own a home, half of those people might like that direction of the economy. The other half dont by default just being Republican. If you don't own a home, the ability to even be able to ever afford a dream home is seems impossible, so why would you like the direction of the economy. Things cost too much for most of us. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the first time in my life that I have ever noticed it.  Just little things really, ground beef, McDonald's, condoms, milk.

It is not a huge issue for me personally, yet.  But I can see where a big family that spends a few hundred dollars a week on food might really be noticing a difference.  

Also, I am not blaming Joe, we all know nothing is his fault.  Relax posters. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is the first time in my life that I have ever noticed it.  Just little things really, ground beef, McDonald's, condoms, milk.

It is not a huge issue for me personally, yet.  But I can see where a big family that spends a few hundred dollars a week on food might really be noticing a difference.  

Also, I am not blaming Joe, we all know nothing is his fault.  Relax posters. 

One problem is that most people realize it when they buy food or gas because those are the things they buy weekly.  Fact is, they are paying way more for almost everything. 

My brother was in a conference last week where an economist was talking about this and he made the comment that "many things are raising in price".  He asked, "can you name anything that has decreased or stayed constant in price" and the economist didn't have anything.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

One problem is that most people realize it when they buy food or gas because those are the things they buy weekly.  Fact is, they are paying way more for almost everything. 

My brother was in a conference last week where an economist was talking about this and he made the comment that "many things are raising in price".  He asked, "can you name anything that has decreased or stayed constant in price" and the economist didn't have anything.  

I can't remember what I was looking at the other day, but normally it was 4.99 and that day it was 5.38 (I think) and it just seemed like such an odd price on something that I pretty much buy all the time.

If you were to ask me one thing that I have not seen go up, I would say generic soda.  That is one thing I have not seen shoot up yet.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Silly economist.  I can name one - employee wages. 

And ALL these increases become less impactful if we were paying people a living wage.  The fact that prices are going up and the employees and the consumers are getting no additional benefits tells you everything you need to know about why.

• Plus1 2