Economy

5 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Good lord...you really think the gas price is a Biden thing?

Excuse me sir, if you read it again, clearly states this is happening with Joe Biden in office.  That is truth and a fact, not a thing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Lol...your response is sooooo ironically perfect. 

"Russia is responsible" - Joe Biden  :facepalm:

"It's Putin's price hike" - Joe Biden  :facepalm:

"Imagine electric school buses" - Kamala Harris  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, admo said:

Excuse me sir, if you read it again, clearly states this is happening with Joe Biden in office.  That is truth and a fact, not a thing.

I wonder if there's anything happening in the world out of our government's control that would affect the price of gas.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I'll bet the poster above me won't vote to reelect Biden now that this has happened. 

Just the tip of the iceberg unfortunately. I'll use my sister in law as an example. She's a Nurse, with kids, modest home, probably the average American in many regards. See her weekly, never have heard speak a word about anything politics, not Trump, not Biden, nada. This past weekend she says, "Why are gas prices so high? Is it the new President?" I assume there is a lot of that out there. Not the Biden admin's creation but it is their problem. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Just the tip of the iceberg unfortunately. I'll use my sister in law as an example. She's a Nurse, with kids, modest home, probably the average American in many regards. See her weekly, never have heard speak a word about anything politics, not Trump, not Biden, nada. This past weekend she says, "Why are gas prices so high? Is it the new President?" I assume there is a lot of that out there. Not the Biden admin's creation but it is their problem. 

I was being ironic. That poster isn't voting for Biden even if gas is free. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My point still stands.  Average Americans (many that would/did vote for Biden) won't read up on the in's and out's of oil supply/demand and tie the current administration to current gas prices. 

I don't dispute that at all. I just find it funny that the people I see complaining about this price spike here and in r/l are people who wouldn't vote for Biden if he cured cancer.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My point still stands.  Average Americans (many that would/did vote for Biden) won't read up on the in's and out's of oil supply/demand and tie the current administration to current gas prices. 

Yeah but I think that is sort of just how it works.  Presidents are the QB.  They get all the blame and all the glory from the "average" fan.

• Plus1 1