Economy

14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly….and the only people who don’t see it are doing so only because of supporting a party.  

The only people who say it's a sabotage are the Beastie Boys....

But, the only people who believe it's a ploy on Biden's economy are the same people who  mistake "safety violations" in the literal sense, for the sake of an argument.  

Listen, it's about illegal immigration.  I know that doesn't mean much in Montana or Nebraska or Colorado.  But also (pay attention)... a governor of a state (Texas) is working with Mexico (Country) to cut down the illegal immigration through transportation across the border into the US.  Call it "safety violations" if you will.  Think about it...a state governor....not the president of the united states, not the veep... a state governor working with Mexico to strike a deal.  Why come that's so hard to understand?  Or is it because the only people who do not see it are doing so because of supporting a party (your exact words).

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Has anyone found out how many illegal immigrants were busted during Abbott's totally not politically motivated truck stunt?

And a bonus - why trucks, why now, and what is his end goal?

Anyone who feels Abbott's stunt was completely above-board, feel free to explain with data and any links to his success. Thanks!

• Plus1 3

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Has anyone found out how many illegal immigrants were busted during Abbott's totally not politically motivated truck stunt?

And a bonus - why trucks, why now, and what is his end goal?

Anyone who feels Abbott's stunt was completely above-board, feel free to explain with data and any links to his success. Thanks!

If a number is necessary information for your needs, I suggest you write the governor of Texas and the governors of the 4 Mexican states.  :)

As for explanation to the bonus of "why, why, what"... PLUS a link that you demanded....Well, here you go:

https://riograndeguardian.com/podcast-everything-gov-abbott-said-at-his-mou-signings-with-four-mexican-governors/

Please take the time to listen to each of the 4 short podcast clips in the link for a better understanding.  I would copy and paste them here if I could, sorry for the inconvenience.

Each of the four MOUs aim to enhance border security measures in order to prevent undocumented immigration and drugs from crossing Mexico into Texas and improve the flow of commercial traffic across the bridges between the four northern Mexican states and Texas.

Here is everything that was said at the meetings between Abbott and the four governors.

Nuevo León

MOU signed between Texas and Nuevo León

Chihuahua

MOU signed between Texas and Chihuahua

Coahuila

MOU signed between Texas and Coahuila

Tamaulipas

MOU signed between Texas and Tamaulipas

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, admo said:

Please take the time to listen to each of the 4 short podcast clips in the link for a better understanding. 

Could you give us all a summary, rather than expecting us to listen to an hour's worth of audio?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, admo said:

If a number is necessary information for your needs, I suggest you write the governor of Texas and the governors of the 4 Mexican states.  :)

So you don't know the numbers?  But you know the truck stunt was necessary? How could you know it was necessary without knowing how many people were captured?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

It's great that Abbott got the governors of those four states to agree to better truck inspections. 

Why not make those agreements before shutting down the border and wreaking economic havoc?

From the same site as the podcasts linked above. 

Abbott’s truck inspection policy cost Pharr Bridge $1 billion in trade

PHARR, Texas – The City of Pharr has issued preliminary numbers on the damage done by having 100 percent of northbound commercial trucks inspected as they crossed the Pharr-Reynosa International Bridge last week. 

The inspections were imposed by Gov. Greg Abbott in response to a planned change in immigration policy by the Biden Administration. 

According to the City of Pharr, the truck inspections policy caused average border wait times to increase to an average of ten to 12 hours. The average value of produce on each truck is $45,421. The total estimated trade value lost per day was $202 million. The total estimated trade value lost during the week the inspections were in force was $1 billion.

The planned change to federal policy – due next month – would see Title 42 removed as a means of curbing undocumented immigration. Title 42 of the United States Code deals with public health, social welfare and civil rights. 

• Plus1 1

Remember, this is all about "illegal immigration." Right?

Mexican cartels are outsmarting Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's truck inspections

Opinion: Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott isn't trying to catch smugglers. He's creating a circus in hopes of boosting his reelection chances.

Mexican cartels are outsmarting Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, and we will literally pay the price for it.

Abbott’s troopers are conducting safety inspections on commercial vehicles driving into Texas looking for drugs and immigrants. In protest, the truckers are blocking key points of entry, bringing international traffic and trade to a halt.

The feds already conduct safety inspections on trucks. But Texas’ additional inspection is delaying goods from Mexico and causing gridlock at ports that handle $400 billion in annual trade.

The fallout, experts say, will make an already strained supply chain worse. 

It also shows the absurdity of some of Abbott’s immigration crackdowns.

Texas inspectors have found no drugs or humans

Case in point. Texas’ safety troopers have removed 646 trucks from service out of 2,685 inspected so far. But not because they found dangerous drugs or humans hidden in compartments or among the goods being hauled from Mexico.

Nope. The taxpayer-funded troopers instead are taking trucks out of service for violations that include “burned-out headlights or taillights, defective brakes or flawed tires,” according to The Wall Street Journal and other media reports.

Abbott, who’s made drug and immigration crackdowns top issues of his reelection campaign, has said that “cartels use vehicles, many of them dangerous commercial trucks, to smuggle immigrants, deadly fentanyl and other illegal cargo into Texas.”

That may be the case. But are Abbott and his people dumb enough to think the cartels would actually continue to use commercial trucks after he made a huge public circus out of his operation?

The governor and his people are, of course, mum now about the fact that their inspections have produced no drugs nor humans being smuggled into the country inside those trucks.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Could you give us all a summary, rather than expecting us to listen to an hour's worth of audio?

No. 

Who is us?  You are the person who asked these questions. And I took the time for you, to provide you the information.  I am not expecting anything for you to do.  However, I did answer your questions you demanded answers to.

Also, each podcast of is about 10-13 minutes of dialogue, not hours.  The rest of the podcast is signing the document. 

Thanks!

So you don't know the numbers?  But you know the truck stunt was necessary? How could you know it was necessary without knowing how many people were captured?

Oh wow... Now I see that this was really just a carrot for further questions and accusations.  

Yeahh, I'm going to just move along with my day. 

Adiós, señor

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 minute ago, admo said:

However, I did answer your questions you demanded answers to.

I asked for data on the number of illegal immigrants captured in Abbott's dragnet. You provided nothing of the sort.

In fact, I tracked down the actual number - zero. And billions of dollars in trade lost.

No drugs, no illegals, billions in revenue lost, and all for a dumb political stunt. 

Not exactly the kind of leadership we need in America right now, is it?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I asked for data on the number of illegal immigrants captured in Abbott's dragnet. You provided nothing of the sort.

In fact, I tracked down the actual number - zero. And billions of dollars in trade lost.

No drugs, no illegals, billions in revenue lost, and all for a dumb political stunt. 

Not exactly the kind of leadership we need in America right now, is it?

transformers-shia-la-beouf.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1