Economy

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah, but I'm not spending 60 -75,000 to put them on my house.

How dare you, how dare you!

Hahaha!

I am kidding of course.  I looked into an inground pool and that was 40k and I just could not pull the trigger and that would have been awesome to have...

No friends have ever said "We should go party over at John's house, he has those solar panels"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How dare you, how dare you!

Hahaha!

I am kidding of course.  I looked into an inground pool and that was 40k and I just could not pull the trigger and that would have been awesome to have...

No friends have ever said "We should go party over at John's house, he has those solar panels"

And, my electric bill last month was $130.  Pretty hard to spend 65 - 70,000 on something that would take away an annual bill of 1,500 - 2,000.  Something about an LOI of 35 years doesn't appeal to me.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, my electric bill last month was $130.  Pretty hard to spend 65 - 70,000 on something that would take away an annual bill of 1,500 - 2,000.  Something about an LOI of 35 years doesn't appeal to me.

Mine was 193!  

And I hear you about that cost also, I am sure some will lose their s#!t but I just don't care enough about climate/energy issues to ruin my finances over it.

18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is that the cost for the integrated solar panel shingles? Because typical solar installs don't cost anywhere near that much.

Average costs in Colorado are $12k-$25 before incentives depending on the size of the system: https://www.forbes.com/home-improvement/solar/solar-panel-pricing-incentives-colorado/#:~:text=According to EnergySage%2C the average,solar panel cost of %2415%2C650.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Is that the cost for the integrated solar panel shingles? Because typical solar installs don't cost anywhere near that much.

Average costs in Colorado are $12k-$25 before incentives depending on the size of the system: https://www.forbes.com/home-improvement/solar/solar-panel-pricing-incentives-colorado/#:~:text=According to EnergySage%2C the average,solar panel cost of %2415%2C650.

I googled the shingles and that's what it said was the cost of installation for the average home (look at the link I provided).  I then went through the process of estimating a panel system for my home and it was 13 - 20,000.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nic said:

Jeff hasn't been listening. The admin is enjoying this. They think the pain will change everyone's habits and usher in renewable fuels.

Clearly you haven't been listening either.

• Plus1 3
4 hours ago, nic said:

Jeff hasn't been listening. The admin is enjoying this. They think the pain will change everyone's habits and usher in renewable fuels.

What's your solution to lowering gas prices?  Do you really think the administration is enjoying seeing their approval ratings in the tank and therefore the ushering in of a fascist state after the next election cycle?  

• Plus1 2