Economy

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The debt service bill will soon be as large or larger then the military budget.    Hope that sinks in to everyone that one of our largest line item expenses is going to just pay off interest on debt.   

You make a good argument for keeping a Dem in the White House...since that is the only time that Republicans are ever concerned about debt or deficits.

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Sure would.  Or 2005 levels or 1995 levels or 1985 levels.   

What’s so special about 2015? 

It’s the last year before the deficit started to grow again.  It had been decreasing since 2009. Then, after 2015 it started growing again. 

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-deficit/

why are you sensitive about me saying I’d like to get at least to 2015 levels?

Id really like to get to 2001 levels.  

34 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s the last year before the deficit started to grow again.  It had been decreasing since 2009. Then, after 2015 it started growing again. 

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-deficit/

why are you sensitive about me saying I’d like to get at least to 2015 levels?

Id really like to get to 2001 levels.  

The national DEBT continues to grow year after year. At some point, the country is going to have a reckoning with the debt.  

You have a weird definition of sensitive.  Too funny:). 

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The national DEBT continues to grow year after year. At some point, the country is going to have a reckoning with the debt.  

You have a weird definition of sensitive.  Too funny:). 

Yes. But you have to take care of the deficit before you take care of the debt.  

Im not sure if you know this, but  the bigger the deficit is, the more debt you’re building.   

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes. But you have to take care of the deficit before you take care of the debt.  

Im not sure if you know this, but  the bigger the deficit is, the more debt you’re building.   

I’m not sure if you know this but any deficit, the bigger the debt is.  

All the built up debt over time that so many people were fine with (R’s and D’a both) have the made the debt service to a point we may never be able to run a surplus.  

• Fire 1
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not sure if you know this but any deficit, the bigger the debt is.  

All the built up debt over time that so many people were fine with (R’s and D’a both) have the made the debt service to a point we may never be able to run a surplus.  

I’m not sure what grand epiphany you are trying to explain. Of course the debt is the accumulation of all the deficits.  

That’s why I said ultimately, I would like to get back to 2001 when we had a surplus.  But, first we have to at least get to 2015 level and keep going down from there. 

• Fire 1