Economy

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, well I don’t run a Fortune 500 company nor am I a geopolitical expert so whatever “plan” I come up with wouldn’t matter one bit.  Discussing a big picture idea however, is kinda the point of a message board. 

Yeah, I get that. I'm asking for the next step passed "we should do this thing". I thought maybe the tweeter you linked might have something more than a high-level goal.

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What does this mean or entail in your view 

I think the root of the problem is the incentives for corporations. As long as there's no government regulation to force them to do something, they'll do whatever makes a larger profit regardless of the consequences. So either the government regulates international corporations, like China does by requiring foreign/international corporations to partner with Chinese domestic companies, or the incentives of capitalism need to change, like having corporations owned by the employees like a co-op. I'm open to other ideas though since Americans are so price-sensitive and pro-stock market that I doubt either of my ideas are likely. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...