Economy

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I do not have a good feeling about the economy over the next 12 -24 months.  This is a global issue that is going to be extremely difficult to fix.

Yep!

We have just started to enter the s#!t phase of bad economic times.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I do not have a good feeling about the economy over the next 12 -24 months.  This is a global issue that is going to be extremely difficult to fix.

We're pretty likely going to face a recession in the near future. 

Republicans are going to control 60 Senate seats and Trump/DeSantis will be President. 

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They need a TABOR (taxpayer bill of rights) law like Colorado has. When they take in more revenue than needed/allowed, it gets refunded directly to the people. I think each taxpayer is getting $400 back this year.

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 5/13/2022 at 4:13 PM, JJ Husker said:

They need a TABOR (taxpayer bill of rights) law like Colorado has. When they take in more revenue than needed/allowed, it gets refunded directly to the people. I think each taxpayer is getting $400 back this year.

They're in debt. If I had to guess they must put X amount of $ towards the debt each year, so that's how they could still have an annual surplus. Maybe they should put the surplus towards the debt, but they probably won't.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, BigRedBuster said:

That's a huge problem for the Democrats.

The economy is a complex thing and a lot of this is headwinds from a generational global pandemic, gunked up supply chains as well as a war of choice in Ukraine. The Fed is already moving to stem the tide.

Unfortunately plenty of voters will probably be convinced all of this boils simply down to "Biden bad" and will likely reward Republicans who will have utterly failed to learn any actual lessons about their current brand of politics. 

It's going to be a very rough time for America if they get rewarded for their recent moral decay.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This blubbering idiot is too stupid to understand that we have more jobs than workers right now. 

It's just flabbergasting how " the greatest country on Earth" is soon to be an authoritarian kleptocracy/theocracy lead by the lowest common denominators of our population.   It the perfect storm.  The economy is in shambles and those swing voters who can't figure out why will vote for this angry nonsense.   We're lackadaisical because we all think it could never happen here. 

I can't figure what these people are so angry about that they'd rather burn it all down than to preserve our democracy.  

Replacement theory?  f#&% that racist bulls#!t.  Everyone bleeds red.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

At school...kid quit their job, I asked why.

"I've been getting underpaid"

Good lord.

So, instead of quitting, why not look for another job while still working and still getting a paycheck and then quit.

Morons.

It’s easier to find a job when you have a job. 

idiots.