Economy

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just want to point something out.

The goal of this thread was to talk about the economy.  But....just want everyone to understand, the stock market is not the economy.

This issue with these trades will have little to no affect on the overall economy.

The stock market is part of the economy. 

• Plus1 1

I just want to point something out.

The goal of this thread was to talk about the economy.  But....just want everyone to understand, the stock market is not the economy.

This issue with these trades will have little to no affect on the overall economy.

The stock market is part of the economy

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI....I personally think this is wrong.

Sorry to disappoint but, inflation is a major issue right now.  I firmly believe this will be adjusted up drastically over the next 6 months.

1-2% inflation doesn't seem like it should be much of an issue since historically it's been around 2%. Or are you saying it's an issue that it's too low?

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

1-2% inflation doesn't seem like it should be much of an issue since historically it's been around 2%. Or are you saying it's an issue that it's too low?

I'm saying that inflation right now is way higher than what is being reported.  Government statistics are constantly behind reality.  I'm guessing these stats are from Maybe December or January.  If it's February, it's almost a total guess.  

Inflation is high right now and we will have to deal with it at some point.

I"m anxiously awaiting the March report.  But, I'm expecting something very similar if not worse.  A number of major national home builders have stopped selling new homes.  It's not because there isn't demand. It's because they sell a home and by the time it's built, costs have increased so much that they are losing large amounts of money and they have no idea what their costs are going to be.

We use some wood for packaging and we can't even find the normal wood we use.  We are using lower grade wood and it's costing 6-7 times more than it would have a year ago.  

#inflation.

U.S. Housing Starts Pull Back Sharply From 14-Year High In January

RTTNews) - After reporting a sharp increase in new residential construction in the U.S. in the previous month, the Commerce Department released a report on Thursday showing housing starts pulled back by much more than expected in the month of January.

The Commerce Department said housing starts tumbled by 6.0 percent to an annual rate of 1.580 million in January after soaring by 8.2 percent to an upwardly revised rate of 1.680 million in December.

• Plus1 1

Steal Prices

Melbourne — The price difference between US Midwest hot-rolled coil and China domestic HRC has reached its highest level since S&P Global Platts started assessing these prices in 2008. The shortage of available spot material in the US saw the HRC price jump $32.50/st day on day to reach $1,299/st March 12, up almost 200% since last August.

#inflation