Economy

27 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Gas (regular unleaded) is down 36¢ from it’s high of $4.89, $4.53 today in Greeley. That’s at about the cheapest place in town. Still seeing lots of places over $4.70ish.

So if your’s is cheaper, FU, and if it’s more, suck it :P

Oil is down another 3% today.  :koolaid2:

About the same price as it was in April.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

There's a lag in crude oil futures prices declining to what you see at the gas pump. This should be common knowledge, so the quote there is red herring.

In other news, the dollar is almost at parity with the euro. The Ukraine boycott is exacerbating inflation, and it is punishing Europeans with the devaluing of their euro. Christine Lagarde will be begging Powell to buy her bonds in no time.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

There's a lag in crude oil futures prices declining to what you see at the gas pump. This should be common knowledge, so the quote there is red herring.

Of course there is.  But, look at how closely they tracked with the price going up.  We should be seeing it come down faster than it is.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Of course there is.  But, look at how closely they tracked with the price going up.  We should be seeing it come down faster than it is.

Record profits don't just miraculously happen. Of course some would rather put their head in the sand and pretend gouging isn't a thing. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/14/2022 at 9:17 AM, JJ Husker said:

Gas (regular unleaded) is down 36¢ from it’s high of $4.89, $4.53 today in Greeley. That’s at about the cheapest place in town. Still seeing lots of places over $4.70ish.

So if your’s is cheaper, FU, and if it’s more, suck it :P

Filled up one of the company trucks yesterday. $4.39/gal so down another 14¢ in the last week. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the truck was almost empty and the gas pump cut me off at $150 before it was full.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Filled up one of the company trucks yesterday. $4.39/gal so down another 14¢ in the last week. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the truck was almost empty and the gas pump cut me off at $150 before it was full.

Still $4.59 by my house, but that's down from $4.79 last week

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I noticed a couple weeks ago that Foco seemed to be a little higher as we were beginning to come down. I think Loveland is still cheaper than both. 

What's really weird is that my hometown in Nebraska is still more than here. It's almost never been that way until recently. 

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I just charged my EV for $0.13/kWh (about $8 to "fill up"). But I've been able to do that the whole time.

How long does it take to "fill up"?

Does it make a difference if you are in your own garage or at a public charging station?

• Plus1 1