Off season sunshine pumping begins

Article from Sam that looks at the potential for the D next year with guys returning.  Good read.  A lot of tackles, sacks, starts etc coming back. On a D that is improving each year.....Has some analytical guys break down the improvements.  Also pumps the sunshine on the O......Downward trend each year.....

Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern tend to have great statistical defenses because their offenses play keep away. Frost is 1-7 against those teams. While it’s hard to be the best teams with that approach, NU simply isn’t at the point where winning the league title is the first goal. A winning season and a bowl game are needed, pronto.

The Huskers’ offense isn’t at that point either.. In Matrix's system, Frost's offense improved by 4.4% in 2018 but has been in decline since. NU's score this season was a 10.79% decline from 2019, which was a 9.3% decline from 2018. 

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-with-seasoned-blackshirts-back-erik-chinander-proves-why-hes-a-keeper/article_562d4a36-55d7-11eb-abdb-3fd85da3898e.amp.html

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Even for satire, this is the worst sunshine pumping thread in history.

Haha. At least he talks about D this year grading out a tenth below average:D   I do think the D next year has the potential to be one of the best in the past 7-9 years... 

How low are our expectations that I actually posted it as sunshine pumping.....

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Corn55 said:

How bad of a season would Frost be able to survive? I think he'd get another year if he went 3-9. But would he survive 2-10? 1-11? 0-12?

f#&% it. I'm rooting for 0-12 just to maximize the odds Frost is fired.

I'm rooting for us to go 14-0. Why the disdain for Frost? I hope he succeeds even if it has been a rough few years. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

I'm rooting for us to go 14-0. Why the disdain for Frost? I hope he succeeds even if it has been a rough few years. 

Frost is the worst coach in Nebraska history. He’s even worse than Mike Riley (who everybody scapegoats for his suckitude.) Frost is not going 14-0 or winning the national title as coach.

And he hid in a closet while his girlfriend was beaten up to boot. What an unmanly coward.

• Haha 2