Off season sunshine pumping begins

25 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope to be at the OU game wt my Ok Cornhusker Club and it would be oh so sweet for our veteran D to shut OU down. 

Whoever the Bootle replacement is will have their hands full, and I'm really hoping NPG can force his way into the lineup so we don't have to play 15 yards off to prevent deep balls. But they did not run the ball well for much of last year (until Florida), so hoping we can sit back on the pass game. I'm not optimistic about winning, but we should be one of the better defenses they face. Need the offense to click quickly for any kind of shot though.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Glad you're not calling the shots.  This is a work in progress that will still deserve some wiggle room for at least another year.  Special teams has been and will always be a work in progress and never truly "fixed".  I think we all expect a jump in performance next year but I don't think anyone would be realistic to expect more than 6-8 wins.  And the same guys unhappy now will still be unhappy... until we one day win it all again.  Then they will still find things to complain about.  I actually like that about our fan base most of the time.    

Just so you don't misrepresent my takes, I don't want to fire Frost prior to his contract running out (and I don't think anybody else fixes Husker football if he can't do it anyway).

I think we'll be absolutely crazy-a** lucky to get to 6-8 wins with the undisciplined and scattered play of this team. I won't really be "happy" until we have just one damn season where we win at least one out of two against Wisconsin & Iowa. If we could do that, win 6 games in the regular season and then win a bowl game to officially have a winning season (at 7-6), I'd be "happy" about the 2021 season.

But Frost is currently sitting at a .375 winning percentage here. That's just abysmal.

So, who are the "guys that aren't unhappy" now? You? Are you happy with an aggregate .375 winning percentage over the last three seasons under Frost? Genuinely asking.