ATH Jaren Kanak [Oklahoma Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kanak commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 4/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, Mavric said:

Ran a 10.66 100 meters at the McCook meet yesterday.  Also ran 22.16 in the 200 and won the long jump at 22-5.  Word is he barley scratched another long jump attempt but they measured it anyway and it was 24-4.  For comparison, Gayle Sayers held the Nebraska state long jump record for decades at 24-10 until Robert Rands broke it jumping 25-0 15 years ago.

That's pretty impressive for a guy going 210 pounds.

:zoom

Yea, that's basically what Marcus Fleming ran.  These 100 meter times translate all over the place to the 40.  Nate Gerry ran a 10.3, but a 4.6+.  I have a kid right now that runs 10.8 & 4.4.  That almost defies logic, but fast & athletic is fast & athletic.  I will never understand why these kids w/futures in football continue to train 200+ though...

On 4/10/2021 at 5:15 PM, floridacorn said:

Yea, that's basically what Marcus Fleming ran.  These 100 meter times translate all over the place to the 40.  Nate Gerry ran a 10.3, but a 4.6+.  I have a kid right now that runs 10.8 & 4.4.  That almost defies logic, but fast & athletic is fast & athletic.  I will never understand why these kids w/futures in football continue to train 200+ though...

I am assuming you mean why they train to run the 200 or 400 in track? 

If that 's what you mean then almost all sprinters run more than just the open 100 and the 4x100 relay. These young men still want to compete and win at everything they can. Plus I'm sure their track coaches want them competing in more than just 1 or 2 events.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Because they are great athletes and they have more to life in high school than just a football future.:dunno

• Plus1 7

100M is important, but I have seen the 200M help show who has top end speed. We have had some burners that arent great out of the blocks but are better 200m guys (11.1 kids but 22.00 200m).  400M shows who has a pair.  Cant be a wuss and be a good 400 kid.  I think 400M down is valuable for football kids.  The LJ might be the best indicator for explosive athletes.  Combination of speed and explosiveness to get vertical.  .   

• Plus1 5

• Mavric changed the title to ATH Jaren Kanak [Clemson Commit]
  • seaofred92 changed the title to ATH Jaren Kanak [Oklahoma Commit]