ATH Jaren Kanak [Oklahoma Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kanak commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Can’t blame him. Rip this class. 

I'm impressed the staff continued to recruit so well without actually winning.  The run had to end,  appears this year will be a tick down for recruiting unless they go win 9 games.  If it's another losing campaign recruiting will tank, maybe high 30s or 40s for the 22 class.

Regardless, this kid isn't coming.

Just now, runningblind said:

I'm impressed the staff continued to recruit so well without actually winning.  The run had to end,  appears this year will be a tick down for recruiting unless they go win 9 games.  If it's another losing campaign recruiting will tank, maybe high 30s or 40s for the 22 class.

Yep, if they come out strong in the fall and win a strong majority of their games, the recruiting should pick right back up.  It could still have a chance to save this class. But, even more importantly, it would help with 2023 class.

Gotta show improvement.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Regardless, this kid isn't coming.

Which sucks cause there was quite a bit of talent close to Lincoln to be had in this class.  And it appears we will get none of it....

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Farms said:

Which sucks cause there was quite a bit of talent close to Lincoln to be had in this class.  And it appears we will get none of it....

I'm not expecting this to happen.  But, if we come out and out perform what everyone thinks we can do this fall, it would be interesting to see if any of those start showing interest again.

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Was it already covered that after those Alabama and OU offers he is no longer 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not expecting this to happen.  But, if we come out and out perform what everyone thinks we can do this fall, it would be interesting to see if any of those start showing interest again.

I'm not sure people expect Nebraska to do anything this fall? I think the average prediction is 5-7 to 7-5. I don't think that kind of performance is going to change the direction of recruiting. 

The only thing we can do is develop players and send them to the NFL, something Frost just hasn't done at Nebraska. 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm not sure people expect Nebraska to do anything this fall? I think the average prediction is 5-7 to 7-5. I don't think that kind of performance is going to change the direction of recruiting. 

The only thing we can do is develop players and send them to the NFL, something Frost just hasn't done at Nebraska. 

That’s why is said “out perform what everyone thinks we can do”. Then that means 9-10 wins. That would also mean we would get more drafted.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That’s why is said “out perform what everyone thinks we can do”. Then that means 9-10 wins. That would also mean we would get more drafted.  

Apologies, my brain did not notice the second 'out' in your statement. 

As far as recruiting, Nebraska faces a tough road. Need to start sending players to the NFL, because that's 80% of recruiting today. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Apologies, my brain did not notice the second 'out' in your statement. 

As far as recruiting, Nebraska faces a tough road. Need to start sending players to the NFL, because that's 80% of recruiting today. 

For the record, I do believe we will send more to the NFL next year than we have the last couple of years.  What we really need are those to be going in the first 3 rounds.

5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I mean Frost has already turned this around. The first draft after he was hired there were no Huskers selected and only one in the two prior which is on Pelini/Riley. Since then we had two selected in 2020 and two in 2021. Likely at least two maybe more in 2022. So, I think he'll send players to the NFL that's something that takes time to show up though.

• Plus1 4
14 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I mean Frost has already turned this around. The first draft after he was hired there were no Huskers selected and only one in the two prior which is on Pelini/Riley. Since then we had two selected in 2020 and two in 2021. Likely at least two maybe more in 2022. So, I think he'll send players to the NFL that's something that takes time to show up though.

While we did send players to the NFL, none were recruited by Frost. He can have some credit because some development happened under his watch. 

But Frost, so far, hasn't done a good job of development talent on offense, particularly those he recruits out of high school. For whatever reason he's just done a terrible job evaluating high school recruits. 

• Mavric changed the title to ATH Jaren Kanak [Clemson Commit]
  • seaofred92 changed the title to ATH Jaren Kanak [Oklahoma Commit]