Biden's Day 1 & Beyond Executive orders

Which Executive orders do you agree with  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean that is not what was promised to GA voters. $2000 checks is what was told to them. This was after the $600 was already passed. Its slimy any way you look at it and people will feel lied to. And thats why democrats lose. 

I don't doubt you, but I don't think most folks got their $600 before the special election. And I don't specifically recall seeing the phrase "in addition" to the $600. I assumed it was in total.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't doubt you, but I don't think most folks got their $600 before the special election. And I don't specifically recall seeing the phrase "in addition" to the $600. I assumed it was in total.

Soooo, 1,400 or 2,000?  What are "us. losers" getting from Uncle Joe and Aunt Nancy?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean that is not what was promised to GA voters. $2000 checks is what was told to them. This was after the $600 was already passed. Its slimy any way you look at it and people will feel lied to. And thats why democrats lose. 

They probably will but an additional $1,400 has literally been what they’ve been saying for weeks now. Back to December even. 

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is simple

If Biden cant get 1,400 passed...he is an a$$h@!e as well.  Period.

He has everything going for him right now and this should be the so easy.

My guess, this is passed in in our hands by Valentines Day (so our women can complain we didn't spend more on them)

I mean, sure, if you don’t understand politics at all everything is going for him.

If you do understand it even a little bit you know that Republicans wanted to do $600 checks and had enough Democrats agree to pass it. Democrats are the party that typically want to do this type of thing. Republicans didn’t want to do more than $600 and still don’t.

Not a lot has changed for the Democrats on this topic. They won’t get vetoed and they hold power on what’s brought for a vote. They still need to get a bunch of Republicans to vote for the $1,400. That hasn’t changer at all. Although apparently they can try to do it thru budget reconciliation with a simple majority but there are limits on how often they can do this so they need to add a bunch of other s#!t to it at the same time. They also need to please a couple Democrats who lean right.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

The bill wasn’t signed by Trump until Dec. 27. They attempted to change the $600 to $2,000 throughout December. That leaves like 9 days of campaigning where they could have mentioned $2,000 but I’ve known based on what they tried to pass and using their actual words for weeks now they have been talking about $2,000 total this entire time. It was never the plan to do $2,000 on top of $600.  

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

The bill wasn’t signed by Trump until Dec. 27. They attempted to change the $600 to $2,000 throughout December. That leaves like 9 days of campaigning where they could have mentioned $2,000 but I’ve known based on what they tried to pass and using their actual words for weeks now they have been talking about $2,000 total this entire time. It was never the plan to do $2,000 on top of $600.  

My recollection as well

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I mean, sure, if you don’t understand politics at all everything is going for him.

If you do understand it even a little bit you know that Republicans wanted to do $600 checks and had enough Democrats agree to pass it. Democrats are the party that typically want to do this type of thing. Republicans didn’t want to do more than $600 and still don’t.

Not a lot has changed for the Democrats on this topic. They won’t get vetoed and they hold power on what’s brought for a vote. They still need to get a bunch of Republicans to vote for the $1,400. That hasn’t changer at all. Although apparently they can try to do it thru budget reconciliation with a simple majority but there are limits on how often they can do this so they need to add a bunch of other s#!t to it at the same time. They also need to please a couple Democrats who lean right.

That is over.  There are few R's that are still going to dig their heels in and not vote yes on this.  Most of these guys know it is political suicide.  If Joe can't get them to bend on something as simple as this during this climate, that is a bad sign.

I think this gets passed with ease.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is over.  There are few R's that are still going to dig their heels in and not vote yes on this.  Most of these guys know it is political suicide.  If Joe can't get them to bend on something as simple as this during this climate, that is a bad sign.

I think this gets passed with ease.

I don't think so. 2 years is a long time. Republicans already wouldn't pass the $2,000 stimulus a month ago even when Trump told them he wanted it. I think it will get done but they'll have to use budget reconciliation.

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think so. 2 years is a long time. Republicans already wouldn't pass the $2,000 stimulus a month ago even when Trump told them he wanted it. I think it will get done but they'll have to use budget reconciliation.

I hope not, I hope this is quick and easy.  Because it should be.