5 catches for 40 yards and 1 TD to 6 INT's

uberism

Not sure how we will ever replace that level of production. 

I get that people want to make a mountain of these two transfers, but if you get worked up over poor production like that leaving, then more power to you. Neither will be missed. I am 100% we will have a backup QB do better than 1 TD to 6 INT's and a backup WR do better than 5 catches for 40 yards. 

#truth vs Dady tweets. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JoeHuskers! said:

You don't seem to understand "potential". Everyone here knows that he would be better suited at WR than QB. If he had switched and stuck at WR I think its pretty obvious that he is an electric athlete and would have more than the 5 catches and 40 yards he had during the handful of snaps he played at WR/RB.

He doesn't want to play WR so his value from a production standpoint is easily replaceable. Smoothers is almost as fast but also bigger and will run the zone read very well. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, JoeHuskers! said:

Agreed, actually. I just don't think his receiving stats should even be brought up as a reason "we wont miss him". He never gave the position a chance and never played that many snaps there in the first place

The 5 receptions for 40 yards isn't referring to Luke...smh.  

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, uberism said:

Not sure how we will ever replace that level of production. 

I get that people want to make a mountain of these two transfers, but if you get worked up over poor production like that leaving, then more power to you. Neither will be missed. I am 100% we will have a backup QB do better than 1 TD to 6 INT's and a backup WR do better than 5 catches for 40 yards. 

#truth vs Dady tweets. 

The strain here is peak Diaco.

3 hours ago, RavHuskr said:

This reminds me of Bobby Newcomb and Eric Crouch argument back in the day.  Bobby IIRC turned out to be a decent receiver by sticking with it.

And a damned good punt returner. Kid was a baller athlete.

But I wonder if Newcombe had played in this era if he would have stuck around, or if he would have transferred to become a QB. I suspect he would have been gone. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

On the bright side we have two scholarships that can potentially go to players that can actually play. 

SF seemed to be pressured to cater to wandale and the fanbase when it came to Luke. I’m terrified of SF’s decision making if he couldn’t see that Warner had no business on the field no matter how good of a kid he was somebody really needs to light a fire under him ASAP

1 hour ago, huskerfan702 said:

SF seemed to be pressured to cater to wandale and the fanbase when it came to Luke. I’m terrified of SF’s decision making if he couldn’t see that Warner had no business on the field no matter how good of a kid he was somebody really needs to light a fire under him ASAP

I mean ... he had pretty much exited the rotation by the end of the year.  So I think they pretty well had that figured out.  There just weren't many options that were ready to see the field at the start of the year.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... he had pretty much exited the rotation by the end of the year.  So I think they pretty well had that figured out.  There just weren't many options that were ready to see the field at the start of the year.

We’ve had about 3 recruiting cycles before this year the fact that nobody has developed in that time frame is another red flag. Trust me I’m rooting for Frost as much as anybody but it’s time to be honest and hold him accountable. We are due for some offensive production from his guys

12 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

We’ve had about 3 recruiting cycles before this year the fact that nobody has developed in that time frame is another red flag. Trust me I’m rooting for Frost as much as anybody but it’s time to be honest and hold him accountable. We are due for some offensive production from his guys

I don't think it's a development thing as much as missing/reaching for some recruits and doing a poor job filling the gaps. Most of the talented guys on offense have not been here 3 years - last year should have been the breakout year 3 for guys like Washington, Hunt, Miles Jones. Year 2 for Darien Chase who got some reps as a true frosh. There's still some hope for Houston, Nance, and definitely Rahmir Johnson since he has played a bit. But the old guard and the first recruiting class would be the only ones with 3+ years, and that group is just gone.

So he needs to be accountable sure, but in my mind it's more for the guys they took shots on and less about not developing players. 

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't think it's a development thing as much as missing/reaching for some recruits and doing a poor job filling the gaps. Most of the talented guys on offense have not been here 3 years - last year should have been the breakout year 3 for guys like Washington, Hunt, Miles Jones. Year 2 for Darien Chase who got some reps as a true frosh. There's still some hope for Houston, Nance, and definitely Rahmir Johnson since he has played a bit. But the old guard and the first recruiting class would be the only ones with 3+ years, and that group is just gone.

So he needs to be accountable sure, but in my mind it's more for the guys they took shots on and less about not developing players. 

There is some truth to that and if Frost wasn’t an offensive mind I would agree with you even more. There are guys winning the heisman as sophomores and after 3 years of recruiting Zavier betts was the first WR we put in a position to make a play just on sheer athleticism. Yes recruiting misses are going to happen in any program but we have to do a better job of putting guys in position to make plays with the tools that they have. 

• Plus1 1