Lubick to leave?

Just now, Decked said:

I for one was hoping we would fire Frost’s guys and bring in some real coaches like Bruce Read & Hank Hughes 

I think this was a gimme year.  If there is going to be any firing it will be after next year if we perform poorly.  Then Frost will have to save his seat the following year.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

good

If he was responsible for the Rutgers game (appears he was form reports) I am down with that.  Hoping he gets the complete OC role.  And Austin can actually run game like he had mentioned prior to last season.  Maybe the Rutgers was a debut for both to have more freedom to try and see what they could put together.

Frost is fine as a play caller and OC/play caller . 
what needs to get better is the timeouts, end of half, field position management.  

im glad Lubick stays to help those things, it’s much needed. But Frost is NOT a failure at running the offense; and furthermore he know what works: he wants to run the ball but hasn’t had the horses just quite yet. This season will show what a decent/good OL will do for Frost. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, I am I said:

Frost is fine as a play caller and OC/play caller . 
what needs to get better is the timeouts, end of half, field position management.  

im glad Lubick stays to help those things, it’s much needed. But Frost is NOT a failure at running the offense; and furthermore he know what works: he wants to run the ball but hasn’t had the horses just quite yet. This season will show what a decent/good OL will do for Frost. 

It's year 4 and still no RB depth.  How many years does it take to get horses.  Heading into year 4, his barn is empty of talent save TE....No QB depth, receiver depth or RB depth....A ton of potential, but he seems to have had that since he's been here.  Frost's issues with time outs, end of half etc are because he has his nose buried in the play book.  He is offense has gotten worse each year since he has been here.  Unsure how he's not to blame.  He might be a great OC, but he is below average as HC AND OC.  If he is going to do both, then save the money on Lubick and let him go...Get a true QB coach and ST coordinator.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

^^ 

I feel ya. But when he’s rollin we put up the yards, it’s so peculiar we can’t score. A lot of the RB just young. I’d guess one can break out this year to establish himself. 
In other words, glad Lubick is staying to help correct these things.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, I am I said:

^^ 

I feel ya. But when he’s rollin we put up the yards, it’s so peculiar we can’t score. A lot of the RB just young. I’d guess one can break out this year to establish himself. 
In other words, glad Lubick is staying to help correct these things.  

I don't think it is all that peculiar. Frost's offense is all about creating space but you get in the red zone and the other team starts to put 8 or 9 guys in the box. When you can't run straight ahead very well the defense will cheat to the edges.  Fade/corner type routes could help to neutralize but Frost doesn't seem to like them or maybe the WR group isn't that effective in jump ball situations. Regardless, if you can't go forward and can't get to the edges you kick a lot of field goals.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, zeWilbur said:

I don't think it is all that peculiar. Frost's offense is all about creating space but you get in the red zone and the other team starts to put 8 or 9 guys in the box. When you can't run straight ahead very well the defense will cheat to the edges.  Fade/corner type routes could help to neutralize but Frost doesn't seem to like them or maybe the WR group isn't that effective in jump ball situations. Regardless, if you can't go forward and can't get to the edges you kick a lot of field goals.

Not only that but you you have to get some scores from over 10 yards out.  For whatever reason we haven't been able to break very many big plays for TD's in the last couple years.

1 minute ago, Farms said:

Not only that but you you have to get some scores from over 10 yards out.  For whatever reason we haven't been able to break very many big plays for TD's in the last couple years.

Because we haven't had the dynamic playmakers to do that.  Simple as that.

I'd have to do some number crunching on this year's data because the number of games played varied so much.  But in 2019 we were #25 in the county in 20+ yard plays and also #25 in 40+ yard plays.  So the offense can generate a decent amount of chunk plays.  But we didn't have the horses to take them for the huge gains - #73 in 50+ yard plays, #75  in 70+ yard plays.  Although we also had a problem getting the plays we need to move the chains and keep drives alive - #78 in 10+ yard plays.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, lo country said:

It's year 4 and still no RB depth.  How many years does it take to get horses.  Heading into year 4, his barn is empty of talent save TE....No QB depth, receiver depth or RB depth....A ton of potential, but he seems to have had that since he's been here.  Frost's issues with time outs, end of half etc are because he has his nose buried in the play book.  He is offense has gotten worse each year since he has been here.  Unsure how he's not to blame.  He might be a great OC, but he is below average as HC AND OC.  If he is going to do both, then save the money on Lubick and let him go...Get a true QB coach and ST coordinator.

Shouldn't we wait until year 4 is played out before we say there's no talent and the season is a disaster?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

I agree with your sentiment,  but not completely fair on depth concerns. He had 3 x 4* recruits in the same QB room.  Guys leave, and the timing doesnt help. A month ago we had QB depth.  We had a full stable of young, highly recruited RB too. Guys dont want to be buried on depth chart....so they leave. The RB room had numbers just weeks ago. Now,  why haven't they played is a diff question. He has brought in depth at oline, WR....at one time all rooms looked healthy. This day and age is different.  Kids wont bide their time, especially if you aren't winning. 

• Plus1 1