Lubick to leave?

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Shouldn't we wait until year 4 is played out before we say there's no talent and the season is a disaster?

We should and will wait, at least 2 more years, to determine whether this experiment works.  The trend line is not a positive one right now, but perhaps in Year 4 or 5 the program will have a breakout, 6 win season.  

I love optimism, but at some point in the next 24 months, we will be unable to deny reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Because we haven't had the dynamic playmakers to do that.  Simple as that.

I'd have to do some number crunching on this year's data because the number of games played varied so much.  But in 2019 we were #25 in the county in 20+ yard plays and also #25 in 40+ yard plays.  So the offense can generate a decent amount of chunk plays.  But we didn't have the horses to take them for the huge gains - #73 in 50+ yard plays, #75  in 70+ yard plays.  Although we also had a problem getting the plays we need to move the chains and keep drives alive - #78 in 10+ yard plays.

Soooo....that's why we get penalties.  If we have a play that gets us to the 5 yard line, we need to get penalties to back us up so we space to operate.  The only thing missing is the players aren't understanding that we only do that when we are inside the opponent's 10.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Doesn't help that Frost tries to get cute with play calling when we get down to the goal line.  We seem to run the dumbest plays when we are within 10 yards. 

Eh ... another one of those "it happened a couple times so it seems like it happened all the time" type comments.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  So running straight ahead would not really be "too cute".  Ineffective perhaps but "too cute" is kind of the go-to cop out for "didn't work".

Trying to run a 5'8" 175lbs guy up the middle in the redzone is pretty cute.

• Plus1 4
41 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Trying to run a 5'8" 175lbs guy up the middle in the redzone is pretty cute.

His  YPC is 1/2 yard more than any other RB on the team. Seems pretty logical to me to at least give him some chances. Or does his small stature only make him unable to outgain all of the other backs when it fits a narrative?

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Shouldn't we wait until year 4 is played out before we say there's no talent and the season is a disaster?

Apologies Captain Literal.  Referring to no depth at skill positions other than TE.  No idea how the season will go.  Defense and QB/TE play will have to carry the O.....Sad statement concerning Frost's bona Fides as an offensive guru. I hope he turns out and shows up next season.  No one wants him to fail.....He just has a lot of baggage to over come form the previous 3 years....

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

But don't QBs usually carry a team?

Nah.  Some are game managers.  Get the ball to their playmakers and let them do the heavy lifting.  Don't get TO's or make mistakes......AM needs to play like AM 1.0 next year.  I look at Mac Jones from Bama,  Great QB, but he didn't "carry" the team.  he did his job with precision.

52 minutes ago, lo country said:

Nah.  Some are game managers.  Get the ball to their playmakers and let them do the heavy lifting.  Don't get TO's or make mistakes......AM needs to play like AM 1.0 next year.  I look at Mac Jones from Bama,  Great QB, but he didn't "carry" the team.  he did his job with precision.

And Mac Jones had first round NFL talent all around him. I agree that Martinez needs to try to not do too much, but it’s hard when he’s the most talented player on offense. 

• Plus1 2