SIGNED - TE Chase Androff

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Androff commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Minnesota

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Apparently his team has only thrown 11 passes total in three games this year.

I think if I had a 6-6 target I'd be throwing HIM the ball 11 times each game.

They are 3-0 after blowing out JD Spielman's old HS so I guess they must be doing OK.

He's gonna fit in great here!  We don't use our best weapons either!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

They run the Power-T and when they throw it's usually to one of the two HBs. I agree I'd use that big target, but their system is working just fine. Spielman's old HS is a perennial power here. This was #1 vs. #2 and the score was 42-7. The 7 came on a kick return TD.

Correct...I coach against them every year. It is crappy to prepare for in this time of spread, but always a fun smash mouth game. Knowing they can drop a pass to Chase at any point is tough to defend and he is a mauler as a blocker. Hopefully he will develop into a great tackle for the Huskers. Lakeville South is definitely the best big school team in the state. 

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 12:44 PM, Touchdown Tommie said:

Correct...I coach against them every year. It is crappy to prepare for in this time of spread, but always a fun smash mouth game. Knowing they can drop a pass to Chase at any point is tough to defend and he is a mauler as a blocker. Hopefully he will develop into a great tackle for the Huskers. Lakeville South is definitely the best big school team in the state. 

Maybe center?

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - TE Chase Androff

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Speculation that he will end up on the offensive line.

With the offense he ran in high school, it sounds like he was basically an extra tackle that was eligibile.

I joked earlier in the thread about moving him to center but they mentioned he is over 240lbs,  could be the athletic tackle we are looking for if he can keep adding weight

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Speculation that he will end up on the offensive line.

With the offense he ran in high school, it sounds like he was basically an extra tackle that was eligibile.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I joked earlier in the thread about moving him to center but they mentioned he is over 240lbs,  could be the athletic tackle we are looking for if he can keep adding weight

I think they floated the Androff to OL when Beckton was on sports nightly, and he said something along the lines of "I'm a team player, but I do not want that." But maybe getting Tagaloa eases the sting a bit, and we could use some athleticism at tackle. TE is pretty crowded as far as underclassmen go anyway.