What will the game result be?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Minnesota single digit win
    • Minnesota double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/2021 at 03:30 AM

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'd be interested in knowing how many airballs he threw up last night.  Heck, how many did the entire team throw up?  And, some of these players were supposed to be really good shooters.

Yea I didn't expect us to be world beaters but it really blows my mind how this team can be this bad.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RedSavage said:

Supposedly.  Although, I don't think he's the one telling them to take the god awful shots they take.  Or the one responsible for them having the general inability to put the ball in the hoop.

Agree.  I'm sure our shooting percentage would go up if the players were actually running the offense like Fred wants them to.  His frustration at that last night is telling.  We constantly do nothing but drive to the basket....into a crowd of defenders and almost never dump it back out to a wide open shooter.  Meanwhile, we get killed by other teams doing that constantly.  You would think the light bulb would go on in the player's heads as to how all that is supposed to work.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Agree.  I'm sure our shooting percentage would go up if the players were actually running the offense like Fred wants them to.  His frustration at that last night is telling.  We constantly do nothing but drive to the basket....into a crowd of defenders and almost never dump it back out to a wide open shooter.  Meanwhile, we get killed by other teams doing that constantly.  You would think the light bulb would go on in the player's heads as to how all that is supposed to work.

One would think.  I feel like we did a better job of actually running the offense earlier in the year, we just couldn't make shots and it's gotten progressively worse.  It's like we're in full panic mode every game from start to finish now.

this is a random spot for it to be placed but I figured I'd share for the "sky is falling" crowd:

https://theathletic.com/2373128/2021/02/09/2021-ncaa-tournament-bubble-watch/

Minnesota (12-7, 5-7; NET: 55, SOS: 23): Say this much for Nebraska: The Cornhuskers play hard. We know that might sound like a backhanded compliment, but we really don’t mean it that way. It’s genuinely impressive. Fact is, the ’Huskers simply aren’t very good. No one would pretend otherwise, not that there are any fans around to do so. Worse yet, they’re playing in a league where basically everyone else is good, and where the penalty for being in the early part of a rebuilding process is getting worked on a semi-nightly basis. It can’t be fun. It doesn’t look fun. And yet, even in Monday night’s 18-point loss at Minnesota, you could see real effort, togetherness, and a genuine collective spark. Those guys are trying. It’s worth shouting out, even if it means spending all of Minnesota’s blurb talking about a team that has no chance of making the tournament. Don’t worry, Gophers fans. We’ll be talking about Minnesota plenty in the weeks to come.

• Plus1 3
56 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

this is a random spot for it to be placed but I figured I'd share for the "sky is falling" crowd:

https://theathletic.com/2373128/2021/02/09/2021-ncaa-tournament-bubble-watch/

I think they have talent, they just haven't been able to gel with all the covid BS.  If they hadn't taken most of January off, I think they'd have won a couple of the games that got postponed - not sure which ones, but they wouldn't be 0-13.  They finally looked like a team that was figuring out how the coaches wanted them to play against MSU & Indiana.  If they had been able to continue to play, they would look much better than they have in the last two games.

I'm just chalking this season up to the rebuild + covid and hoping that next season will be better.  I will continue to cheer for them to get a few wins before March 8th.

• Plus1 1

I realize I have been very negative recently toward the Husker basketball team. Granted they probably would be better if the 3 plus week lull hadn't happened. The way this team plays however bears little resemblance to anything close to good basketball. Mistakes and tendencies that should have been weeded out of a Div 1 player early in high school are still being repeated over and over.  The announcer last night kept commenting about the time the Huskers had a two on one fast break and the dribbler went right down the middle of the lane and into the defender instead of splitting the lane to make the defender commit. I know Fred has to be pulling his hair out.  It appears there are about 4 players on this team that refuse to be coached.....and I think Fred may be about ready to change things up. The first few weeks after the season ends may be interesting.

• Plus1 1