The return of EA Sports College Football

19 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

The 2014 game still holds up today. Dont get too cute with it. 

Dont give us a bunch of different modes.

Two things they HAVE to change, IMO, are the QB running/run game animations and mechanics.

At some point in one of the last games, they made it so you could run fairly quickly behind the line of scrimmage while scrambling. But, the second you crossed the LOS, it was like the QB's stride became longer and the animations got out of whack. It also made the QB seem really slow in any designed run play. I like to change the playbook and build an option team sometimes and unless I had like a 95+ speed QB the option game just felt super inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

Two things they HAVE to change, IMO, are the QB running/run game animations and mechanics.

At some point in one of the last games, they made it so you could run fairly quickly behind the line of scrimmage while scrambling. But, the second you crossed the LOS, it was like the QB's stride became longer and the animations got out of whack. It also made the QB seem really slow in any designed run play. I like to change the playbook and build an option team sometimes and unless I had like a 95+ speed QB the option game just felt super inconsistent.

You just need to have a QB with electrifying speed

#Tmagic

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

In the meantime:  

Revamped NCAA Football 14 is what dreams are made of

EA Sports stopped making their highly popular NCAA football game after the 2014 version. Last month, we learned the college football classic will be back!

People lost their minds when the news broke, but now we have to sit back and wait for the game to be released. In the meantime, NCAA Football 14 has been revamped by some online geniuses. https://github.com/cfbrevamped/CFBR-Easy-Installer/blob/master/README.md

• knapplc changed the title to The return of EA Sports College Football
  • 5 months later...

I got the new Madden only because I also got a pS5 and thought why not.  It's slightly improved but it's still Madden so they still emphasize animations over physics which is why I stopped playing years ago.  I haven't played it in a little bit so I haven't seen the new campus legends yet.  Wondering if when they do finally release NCAA Football it will also largely play just like Madden. 

On 9/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, suh_fan93 said:

I got the new Madden only because I also got a pS5 and thought why not.  It's slightly improved but it's still Madden so they still emphasize animations over physics which is why I stopped playing years ago.  I haven't played it in a little bit so I haven't seen the new campus legends yet.  Wondering if when they do finally release NCAA Football it will also largely play just like Madden. 

NCAA Football was *always* the previous year's Madden engine with tweaks. It's how EA kept costs down in making the title to begin with. 

29 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

NCAA Football was *always* the previous year's Madden engine with tweaks. It's how EA kept costs down in making the title to begin with. 

That is what I remember it being like back when I played NCAA.  One thing I didn't mention about Madden 22 is now you can actually scramble/run with your quarterback and if your say Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Mahomes, etc you won't get ran down as soon as you start to run from behind the los and now you can actually have a nice gain if you evade the rush.  Couldn't believe when I was actually able to as Lamar Jackson run one about 50 yards to the house.  EA needs a lot more improvements like that however but whether or not they listen to what people actually want to see different in the game is another story.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

That is what I remember it being like back when I played NCAA.  One thing I didn't mention about Madden 22 is now you can actually scramble/run with your quarterback and if your say Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Mahomes, etc you won't get ran down as soon as you start to run from behind the los and now you can actually have a nice gain if you evade the rush.  Couldn't believe when I was actually able to as Lamar Jackson run one about 50 yards to the house.  EA needs a lot more improvements like that however but whether or not they listen to what people actually want to see different in the game is another story.

EA's got other issues going on right now, and they just need to make money. I think they're more concerned with getting a title out the door next year, and then they can start this yearly milking cycle back up to drive revenue with small, iterative improvements that are years behind where they should be. 

'Cause if not, Microsoft still has ~$12b of their repatriated monies they can buy EA out with. Especially if the stock dips. 

And yes, it's possible *and* plausible. And it's not like Microsoft doesn't own the best PS5 title available (DeathLoop) and hasn't made titles directly for Sony systems before (Minecraft).