What will the game result be?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Penn State single digit win
    • Penn State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/14/2021 at 08:13 PM

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Honestly with this hodgepodge team of transfers and what not, ALSO without this Covid thing, this is a team that I would have going full court trapping defense and let them run and run.  Their length and build as a team of pretty much all being off guards/small forwards could cause havoc.  Secondly a group of guys that never played together will have a lot of time to build cohesiveness in half court offenses(maybe, JUST maybe we are starting to see these guys starting to get a good feel for each other the last few games).  Thirdly, easy buckets.  Quickest way to bust a drought, is easy baskets. Great way to build confidence in a team, seeing the ball go through the net.

They should be trying to play in transition as much as possible. They’re not great shooters but they’re pretty decent athletes and have good length. If they can get easy buckets in transition it should help them get into the flow offensively and feed into the defensive end as well

4 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

God, I want this team to prove me wrong, but I just don't think they are good. If that makes me a bad fan, then so be it. 

They’re not good. I don’t think anyone is saying they’re good. They’re more likely to finish 1-19 in Big Ten play than 5-15. 

The difference is celebrating the obvious growth and improvement the team is making and enjoying the process. This team is obviously limited but is playing HARD and fighting. Try to enjoy it and if/when they win some games along the way, enjoy that too.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

God, I want this team to prove me wrong, but I just don't think they are good. If that makes me a bad fan, then so be it. 

You and I agree that they aren’t very good. That doesn’t mean you can’t just enjoy a damn victory for an afternoon before you start complaining about every little thing (and some of your thoughts are just wrong). 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, seaofred92 said:

They’re underdogs on KenPom in every single remaining game on the schedule. The current iteration of the Big Ten is legitimately the best rated conference ever in college basketball. And the team had limited non-conference schedule and the entire team had COVID for essentially a month and didn’t play. If they lose both to Maryland, it won’t be shocking, it’ll be expected. You should be looking for how they’re playing, not the final result, to determine if there is growth or not. 

Oh I'll be watching to see how they play. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You and I agree that they aren’t very good. That doesn’t mean you can’t just enjoy a damn victory for an afternoon before you start complaining about every little thing (and some of your thoughts are just wrong). 

Hey, I'll enjoy or not enjoy it how ever I want, thank you very much. 

I think they're not very good. You think they're not very good.

The difference is in the expectations, I guess?